Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Computer Question

Posted by mary3444 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 12, 12 at 18:52

First let me say I am not good on the computer. On Mon I went on my g-mail account, I also have google chrome now for some reason I can't get into my g-mail. When I hit mail it downloads the mail but I can't see it-I have a blank page. On top I see how many e-mails I have with the envelope closed, also there is something that looks like a lock & that is closed. I can't find any help on the computer so I hope one of you can help. Thanks in advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Computer Question

1. Try changing your zoom level. (click on the wrench and adjust)

2. Try hitting the F11 key.

3. Try using another browser. (IE, Firefox..)

or..

How to Fix a Blank Screen on Chrome

By Alex Zang, eHow Contributor , last updated April 17, 2012
you use Google Chrome as your Internet browser, one problem you may encounter is the blank screen when you try to access your Gmail account. If this happens to you, the likely cause is that either the original installation didn't work properly, or you've downloaded one or more extensions that conflict with Gmail -- usually an extension dealing with Javascript. The simplest solution to this problem is simply to download and re-install Google Chrome.

1 Go to Google.com/Chrome.

2 Click "Download Google Chrome."

3 Click "Accept and Install."

4 Launch Google Chrome.

o
RE: Computer Question

Google had a major shutdown including all gmail they say it was not a hacker, that it was caused by their sync servers crashing. But there seems to be lingering issues. My husband has a notice on his saying not available or something.

I would first, clear the cache and cookies on your browser. It might help. Also trying another browser.
If you need instructions tell what browser and version you are using.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here