Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you like Granola?

Posted by joann_fla (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 20, 12 at 18:34

I just found this recipe for Christmas granola if anyone wants to try it. Also makes a good gift.

Christmas Granola

Ingredients

4 cups Quaker® Oats (Quick or Old Fashioned, uncooked)
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup raw, unsalted sunflower seeds (optional)
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, melted
2 teaspoons grated orange peel
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
One 6-ounce package dried cranberries (about 1-1/3 cups)

Preparation

Heat oven to 350°F. Combine all ingredients except cranberries in large bowl; mix well. Spread evenly in 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan.

Bake 40 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes.

Remove granola from oven; stir in cranberries. Cool completely in pan. Store tightly covered up to 2 weeks.

Variations

For Gift Giving: Spoon granola into airtight glass or plastic jars, canisters, cellophone gift bags (tie closed with ribbon) or empty oatmeal tubes. Ahead of time, paint designs on jars with paint markers or sponges and paint, cover oatmeal tubes with gift wrap, or decorate gift bags with holiday stickers.
Yield

6-1/2 CUPS

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you like Granola?

Oh, that sounds and looks wonderful. And I already have most of the ingredients ....

o

Sounds good, I may make it after Christmas. My husband eats store bought granola every day and it's expensive.

o

thank you for sharing....will be making this...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here