toasted pecans, peanuts with candy corn
Pirouline filled with dark chocolate
Panera's cinnamon crunch bagels with a tub of honey walnut cream cheese

And if they get hungry later on I have ready to heat up:
Crockpot cream cheese, sausage rotel dip

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Here's mine, what's yours?

Is this for Christmas Day? If it is, enjoy the time with your family. If you haven't made the coconut rice before, believe me you will love it!

For Christmas we're having:

Surf & Turf--small lobster tail and small filet mignon
Caesar salad (I'm trying my hand with the dressing)
Chicago hard rolls
Peppermint ice cream

o
RE: Herddde's mine, what's yours?

patti, your surf and turf sounds delicious!

Yep, my Christmas lunch for three of us.

o

For breakfast we're having fried pork tenderloin, cut very thin, pounded and rolled in flour mixture, fried brown on both sides and steamed until it is fork tender. DS does this. Then we'll have sausage gravy and biscuits,my contribution, fried sweet potatoes (a family thing)DD#2 and various homemade jams, jellies or apple sauce.

For lunch, or whatever you call a middle of the afternoon meal, it's beef tenderloin, gruyere potatoes, both by DD#3, green beans, me, green salad DD#2, rolls and chocolate pie, DDinlaw, and I'm not sure what Sister in law is bringing. I have a bunch of cookies in the freezer from my open house so that will fill in the gaps.

We won't go hungry!

o

We did our gift giving last night, but our 2 younger ones still want to come over for part of the day~~DS's wife is a nurse so she has a regular work day~~if he comes for breakfast it will be scrabbled eggs with ham from last night and hash browns~~~if he stays for lunch it will just be grilled smoked sausages in buns and left over veggies/dip and chips. DD#2 and her BF are coming late afternoon, her BF will be making his homemade pizza 3-4 different kinds;) Hoping that with everyone coming by we will get rid of alot of our left overs~~

o

Your meals all sound wonderful. Enjoy!

o

That sounds delicious! I would love to have your recipe for the chicken and rice.
We are having,
Shrimp cocktail
Prime rib roast, au jus, horseradish sauce
Potato casserole
Onion soup casserole
Green beans
Corn
Rolls
Salad
Cherry and apple pie, cookies and candy
Merry Christmas to all!

o

Everyone's menu sounds so good. Glenda, I would also love your recipe for the chicken and rice.

We are having Christmas at my Dad's house. We will be joined by my sister and her husband, my nephew and his new bride, and my MIL and FIL.

We are having:
Roast beef with potatoes & carrots
Green bean casserole
Broccoli casserole
Rice with gravy
Cherry cream cheese pie

o

We're staying home, and decided that we want ribs. But we each want a different starch, so we're also having fresh-baked bread, homemade mashed potatoes, and rice pilaf!

o

Baked Lasagna, cheese garlic bread, and Chocolate Sour Cream Cake. Have some guacamole dip for appetizer with drinks before dinner.
All of your breakfasts and dinners sound great!

o

For breakfast we had a fresh fruit salad and hash brown quiche with sausage, green and red peppers and onion. For dinner we usually always have stuffed beef tenderloin, twice baked potatoes and luxe peas and celery. This is a different year, just three of us and I love, love, love ham so DH said then have ham. (He isn't crazy about ham but after all these years, it's my turn) We will be having baked ham with a honey glaze, scalloped potatoes, broccoli casserole corn casserole and apple pie. Everyone's dinner sounds great.

o

Pirouline filled with dark chocolate

From Dollar Tree?

Enjoy! :0) :0) :0)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here