Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cookies; oil or butter for "crisp"?

Posted by caroline (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 18, 12 at 18:25

Can you refresh my old, tired mind? I know if you use (butter or oil) in a cookie recipe the cookie will be moist or crisp.

Which do I use to make "crisp" cookies?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cookies; oil or butter for "crisp"?

Butter for crisp cookies. Better flavor, too! :)

o

Well, I'd use butter over the oil since oil in there seems to always come out greasy for me, but when it comes to peanut butter cookies, I use shortening. They're crumbly that way. Using butter, they're softer. My sister will often mix butter and shortening.

o

I do half butter and half butter Crisco (sticks) - makes for a great cookie, but softer. I prefer softer cookies.

o

I only use butter. I think it depends on the cookie and how you bake it, whether it is crisp or not.

o

I can't tell you how many many years it's been since I've
purchased and Crisco. LOL So I was going to tell you
butter! lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here