Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rod Serling's Christmas Carol

Posted by azzalea (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 16, 12 at 18:09

I've never see it, but apparently in 1964 Rod Serling wrote his version of A Christmas Carol. it's called "Carol for another Christmas". My daughter came across information about it and it's supposed to be an extremely good movie (can't personally vouch for it yet).

It will be on at 8 Eastern Time on TCM if anyone else is interested.

HAS anyone else seen it? What did you think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rod Serling's Christmas Carol

I saw the title while channel surfing awhile ago, I'm going to see what it's like.

o

Thanks for the heads up. I just set the recorder.

o

Did anyone watch it? What's the verdict?

o

Just answered on the other thread about it.

It was not as creepy as I'd have expected. Basically it was UN propaganda. Definitely an unusual version, a number of fairly big (at the time) stars. We did feel it was historically and politically, a very important show to see, but not particularly a 'feel good' Christmas movie.

o

Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here