Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another surgery

Posted by mary3444 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 7, 12 at 17:57

I had a MRI on my knee & just got the results from my Dr. I have a large meniscus tear, arthritis which I knew about, lots of fluid & a baker's cyst in the back. Just had a steroid shot in this knee in Sept. I know there is arthritis in almost every joint in my body but I did not think this knee was that bad. The pain has gotten very bad. Can't see the specialast till Dec 20th so I think surgery will not be till after the 1st, this will now make 3 surgeries in 4 months. Surgery is getting very old just like me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another surgery

Mary:

I'm sorry to hear that. I think surgeries are so hard on a person. I had my right knee replaced in June 2011. I recuperated much faster than they thought I would. Then I had the right knee done in Oct 2011. It has taken me a very long time to get over that one.

I wish you all the best with your overall health.

Shirley

o

Darn it-that is not something you wanted to hear! Hope its pain-free and working great when all is said and done. I had a meniscus tear a couple of years ago, and it was a breeze to fix-don't know what size it was but I couldn't straighten my leg. My DR was one of the team DR's for the Orlando Magic I have a friend whose 16 y.o. GS just had a tear fixed and a cyst removed and he is on crutches and struggling. Just remember-you can't go on the way it is now-just take each day at a time. Don't you live on a farm? Is it better to get this done now-I would think its more of a quiet time there. We will all be rooting for you. Hope you have a laptop so you can be comfortable and hang out here at the KT!

o

I'm sorry to hear that, Mary. I hope it gets rid of the pain for you!

o

Sorry you have such pain! While surgery is never fun, at least you should be feeling much better after the recovery. Living with pain is debilitating and depressing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here