Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
As seen on tv purchase at Dollar Tree

Posted by glenda_al (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 6, 12 at 17:51

Multi purpose chef basket

They were going fast at DT, so I bought a few as fun gifts for friends and ONE for me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: As seen on tv purchase at Dollar Tree

Looks interesting but will need to see what kind of metal they are using--I prefer stainless steel.

o

Glenda, we had our golf Christmas luncheon today. The decorations were lovely and on the back of every chair there was a very nice, stiff glittery bow in green, red, or gold. I asked my friend where she got them....the Dollar Tree!. She went back to get some more and they didn't have any. She bought out the store the first time. Turns out that they were shipped to Dollar Tree by mistake. They actually sell for $3.98 a piece and she got them for $1:00. How's that for a bargain!!

o
RE: As semmmmen on tv purchase at Dollar Tree

The Original Chef Basket is the most versatile colander you will ever own. Made of flexible stainless steel, it can be used to steam, deep fry, rinse and strain.
Folds flat for compact storage.
9 inches in diameter- use in 4-6 quart sauce pans or Dutch Oven.
Dishwasher safe

o

I see where CVS has them for $5.98

o

I have one, never tried it. Good deal though.

o

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they don't get very good reviews at Amazon.

Here is a link that might be useful: TeleBrands Original Chef Basket, Deluxe

o
RE: As sebbben on tv purchase at Dollar Tree

For a dollar, it's worth trying :o)

Gave one to friend, who told me her mother had one and loved using it.

o

My DD gave me one, I tried it and returned it. It's flimsy, several wires weren't completely attached and the openings are so large some of the pasta fell through. You also need the right size pot to use it in - even though it says you can use a 4 to 6 quart sauce pan but if you pan is on the wide size the chef's basket wouldn't have adequate support.

I think the basic idea is good but this product isn't buying.

o
RE: As secccen on tv purchase at Dollar Tree

Will let you know when I try it this weekend.

o

Bought one about 20 years ago. Waste of time and money. I thought it'd be good for washing lettuce and things and for that I guess it works but it's clumsy.

o

I have had one for many years and find it very useful at times, like blanching vegetables, when I need an extra drainer for fruit, using it also as an extra steamer.

o

My mom had one of these, when I was a kid, back in Germany. She used it for steaming.

Moni

o
RE: As sebben on tv purchase at Dollar Tree

Sometimes reviews are NOT always what they appear to be.
Looking forward to using mine.

o

I had one a long time ago that I had a fine chain on and used it to hang fruit in the kitchen :)

o

The way I looked at the reviews 3 being above average 4 being good 5 being best..it looks to me as it has better likes than dislikes, on Amazon. For a dollar I think it would be worth a try. And if the wires do loosen up a bit my husband is a good handyman who has had to fix more expensive items that were highly recommended such as a Food Saver model that we had about 8 months that went caput, and would have cost more to send it back to the factory, we had only used it maybe four or five times....I use a hand operated model now that would only break down if I did. LOL!!! So for a dollar? Yeah, I will try it...think it would be great for pasta, veggies, blanching veggies in summer, even if I used it just one summer season for blanching veggies before canning.

o

I just saw them at Dollar Tree today. They were in the back of the store on an end shelf. I really thought about buying one. Then I figured I might never use it. Maybe a Christmas time when I go to Bismarck again I will buy one. I will only be out of a dollar if I dont like it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here