Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Well, I finished one handmade gift.....

Posted by alisande (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 3, 12 at 17:38

Borrowing the idea from something I found in a book, I made a slipcase for my first cookbook and will give it to my daughter as a Christmas gift. I'll make two more in different designs for two other cookbooks I've had for 40+ years.

I'm happy with the way it turned out, although the cost of the materials, including scrapbooking card stock, acid-free glue, and decorative scissors--plus the cost of used copies of the books I bought to replace mine--takes this project out of the category of cheap homemade gifts. :-)

The color is actually more peachy, somewhere between the pink in the top picture and the tea color of the bottom. The back has the same bird design, but nothing else.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Well, I finished one handmade gift.....

A great idea! So...what is the recipe for Eye of Round? Is this the cut for "London Broil"?

o

No, an eye round roast is longish, kind of like an oversized boneless pork roast (I forget what they're called). The recipe simply calls for mounding chopped onions on and round the roast, and roasting it. It tells you the time and temperature to make it come out on the rare side. Then you slice it thinly. It's a lean cut of meat, and can therefore tend to be tough. But this is a great treatment, and gives an especially nice flavor. I'd give you details, but I neglected to copy the recipe before wrapping the book. It will be in my replacement book, which hasn't arrived yet.

o

Alisande, that's such a thoughtful gift. She will love it, for sure.

o

Very nice

o

Nice idea! Your DD will love it!

o

very nice!

o

Good job - looks great!

o

That is beautiful and so sweet;)

o

That's a wonderful gift.

o

You are clever, talented and thoughtful...love it!! :)

o

Like!

o

You did a great job!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here