Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
True Spirit of Christmas

Posted by secsteve (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 22, 12 at 17:26

About five minutes ago the doorbell rang and when I answered it, there stood two kids that I didn't quite recognize. They had a heaping (and I do mean heaping!) plate of cookies for us.

When they offered me the cookies they said they see me walking Buddy everyday and just thought of us. I didn't recognize them right away until they pointed out their house. I see them most mornings when we're on our morning walk.

Dam, I'm tearing up as I write this.

To me that's the true meaning of the Spirit of Christmas.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: True Spirit of Christmas

How lovely! Your heart and soul will be warmed everytime you think of it.

o

Beautiful!

o

yep! Plus You gave them the chance to learn that giving is good.

ML

o

I love these stories! Merry Christmas and enjoy the cookies. I know they will taste extra special.

o

That is a sweet story.

o

To me that's the true meaning of the Spirit of Christmas.
So true...thinking of others. Thanks for sharing.

o

How sweet!

o

I LOVE that!

o

Awwww.

o

That is wonderful, Steve. And I know they were very thrilled to give them to you as well.

o

The parents of those children are teaching them exactly what you said--the true spirit of Christmas. I have a feeling those will be the best cookies you ever ate.

Merry Christmas, Steve!

o

What a great story. I bet you will now get to know this wonderful family. I agree, those parents are to be commended.

o

What a wonderful example of a "Merry Christmas!"

o

That's wonderful Steve!!!!
It's so nice to get what you give. You're one who bakes cookies for the fire departments etc, so now you know how they feel when you do it.

Merry Christmas!

o

So many people have lost (or misplaced) the true meaning of Christmas!! Glad you experienced that!

o

Thanks jasdip I really was so very touched.

I enjoy doing what I do as I know it makes those receiving the cookies happy. Having spent many a Christmas Eve on guard duty or other duty, I know how lonely it can be, so if I bring a smile to someone's face, it's all worth it.

By the way, your Better Than Pam stuff is super. I used it again today when I was finishing my baking Aloha Bread. The bread's practically fell out of the pans.

Thanks for the recipe.

Have a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous and healthy New Year.

o

What a nice story! That's what Christmas should be about.

o

What sweet kids~~~

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here