SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flamingo_in_ar

This years ornament party- several photos...

FlamingO in AR
9 years ago

There was a really small turnout at the party and there are noises that this might have been the last party. Only 10 of us were there, out of 24, pretty slim for all the work that the hostess goes thru to put it on. Several had scheduling conflicts, 3 or 4 were ill.

So here are the ornaments-

{{gwi:2139524}}

Better view-

{{gwi:2139525}}

more close ups...

{{gwi:2139526}}

{{gwi:2139527}}

My favorite ornament? The hammered copper cross, which was made from the copper wire of the lady's dead well pump, LOL! I am not religious, but I think it's just great.

2 ornies are Razorback oriented, the red pig is kind of cute/clever. The big crocheted doily is amazing. I'll give that to my Mum, not that she cares. The little knitted hat is darling. The wire/bead nest is cute, with its stamped tag that reads "nest". The string of beads was a do-it-yourself kit.

The felt bag is precious, a lot of work!

I made the bright colored clothespin dolls, not very Christmasy but I liked them. I found the idea on line, if you Google "indian princess clothespin doll" you'll find the one that inspired these. Mine aren't much like the original, though, as I couldn't find the right fabric or ribbon.

The food was good and the ladies are nice and fun, we had a lot of laughs.

So there you go, all this years ornies. 5 of the missing ladies had gotten their ornaments there to be swapped, just weren't able to get to the party themselves. So it was kind of subdued this year, no games, it was pleasant.

Comments (12)