Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Sunday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 22, 12 at 17:09

We're just having steamed cabbage and smoked sausage. 'Bout the easiest thing I could think of. Did you ever have one of those days where everything you did took twice as long to do as it should have? I've had about three in a row. Sigh!

What are you having for dinner?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Sunday?

I'm fixing myself Italian sausage Sunday. Been a while since I did sausage and cabbage. Yummm!

IHop today. Senior 2x2x2 2 eggs over easy, pancakes and sausage links

o

I'm not sure yet what we'll have Sunday. LOL Today is Saturday. I made a big pot of mushroom barley soup. It smells so good in here. The other day I made Parker House rolls and will use some tonight for ham and cheese sandwiches to go with the mushroom soup. That's what's for dinner tonight.

o

Heck, I don't even know what's for dinner tonight! LOL

o

Tonight's dinner is Leek Quiche and cole slaw. And since we're talking Sunday? Tomorrow's dinner will probably be leftovers of the same.

o

I had cranberry beans, home fries, and leftover meatloaf. Very easy and not a lot of clean up.

Shirley

o

Aw, geez! My grandmother would say I was wishing my life away. Sorry about the wrong day! At this time of year, who the heck knows what day it is--okay, Georgysmom does. ;-)

Glenda, breakfast always sounds so good to me--except in the morning. Especially pancakes.

Georgysmom, is your son home yet? Your dinner sounds warm and delicious, as usual.

Woodsy, you sound like me some days (those are the days we have breakfast for dinner).

Azzalea, I just have to try making something with leeks. That sounds like a dinner Harry would love.

Shirley, that sounds good to me--especially the little clean up part. I thought about fried potatoes but decided we didn't need the carbs. Harry's down to 191 and just can't seem to get to that 189 mark. He isn't really trying, but when we moved here he weighed about 250. Sadly, he just doesn't eat that much any more due to his health.

o

We were out shopping and decided to have an early dinner at Alicias Mexican restaurant.

o

I hardly know what day it is either, Patti. I just know I had a luncheon and hairdresser appointment on Friday and that was yesterday. LOL No, DS doesn't get in until Christmas Eve. We've been invited to friends for dinner Christmas Eve and I'm hoping he can get here early enough to join us. The soup was good. I made a double batch so I could give SIL some along with his pretzel rolls.

o

Leftovers will be for dinner here~~DH had leftovers for lunch and he will have left over roasted chicken I bought him at Sprouts yesterday for dinner tonight. I need to clear out the refer, tomorrow is our family gathering and I need the space!

Tomorrow will be ham,cheesy potatoes, corn casserole, string bean casserole (you know the one) my DD's love it. Tortilini spinich salad and I am trying a yam/butternut squash/green apple side. You bake it with maple syrup and cider?? We shall see. For the vegetarians it will be Pad Thai and Drunken Noodles. Fresh veggies/chips, dip and a cheese/meat platter for appys~~~DD#2 is bring vegan desserts. I am ready!!

o

Tonight's dinner is chicken breasts, vegetable rice pilaf, beans, salad and home canned peaches (from my neighbor's orchard in Mexico). As my granddaughter says, "It's all good!"

o

Raven, Mexican sounds good. The sausage we had was so danged hot my mouth is still burning. It's made by a small local company and I think they forgot they'd added the spices and did it twice.

Georgysmom, I always think I have to load up my DD with food, too, when they leave. Guess the mother hen never leaves the nest--even if the kiddos do.

Glenda, how is your son doing? Hope he's well enough to enjoy the holidays.

YogaLady, I don't care what anyone says about that green bean casserole, more people like it than not, or it would've disappeared from existence by now. That squash recipe sounds good. Have a wonderful time with your family tomorrow. Let us know how you like the yam/squash dish.

o

We ate at a little Chinese restaurant in the next town...split an order of mixed vegetables and chicken.

My husband loves steamed cabbage and sausage. So do I. There is a local farm that sells their produce and smoked sausage. It is the best sausage I have ever eaten...venison, pork, with cheese and jalapeno. Normally I would have shied away from jalapeno....I don't like stuff too spicy, but it isn't "hot" at all. It's expensive...two rings are $14, and normally I wouldn't get all excited about sausage....but that stuff is good! When I cook red beans and rice, I put two rings of sausage in it. Now I am going to have to go buy some....I have it on my mind!

o

We had our Christmas on Saturday and I made seafood crepes so we ate leftovers last night. Alex wanted fruit with dinner so I got some grapes, strawberries and apples and for the first time we made strawberry fluff. The recipe called for a large box of jello! I have strawberry fluff coming out of my ears now. Even after sending some of it home with Alex and trying to pawn it off on all Lauren's friends coming by yesterday. Next time I'm making a small box.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here