Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
actifry

Posted by clairdo2 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 26, 12 at 17:06

Has anyone got this and do you like it ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: actifry

I don't have this particular fryer, but I do have one that's similar and love it.

o

Somebody bought one for my nephew, as he wanted a deep fryer but lives alone and we worried about all that hot oil LOL. I didn't hear the details, but he did not like it. He said the stuff tasted baked and was soggy (mostly frozen fries and chicken nuggets I am sure).

I wonder though, if that had to do with what he was making in it and not the appliance itself. And it was very expensive from what I hear. Look forward to hear what others thought of it...

Dances.

o

I have one and I LOVE it. Yes, it cooks fries with barely any oil, but it's also brilliant for greasy stuff that burns easily, so, bacon, sausages, etc. And wings - it cooks wings brilliantly. And roast veg - does them nicely, too.

Recently I cooked up pork butt in it - chopped into 1" cubes, and omg but it was good, fried in its own fat, evenly browned, and succulent. mmmm.

In fact, I cook all sorts of food in it just to see, and the only flop I've had was risotto, which ended up a gooey crunchy mess that even the dogs turned up their noses at.

It's a wee bit noisy, but not deafeningly so, and there are less smells than you get from a regular oven, oddly enough. And it's a breeze to clean.

The cookbook that comes with it is disgracefully poor - crumby repetitive recipes (that awful risotto!), and I don't think anyone bothered to copy-check it, as it's full of cooking errors, ugh.

Did I mention I LOVE my Actifry?!

o

I don't have one but I think I would like it, only problem storage of yet another large cooking device, and no place to put it. If I had unlimited storage space, a large walk in pantry, I would get one. We love fried food but try to avoid it, this would lessen the guilt lol.

If you go to the site and view the video there's a lot of good videos by users.

Here is a link that might be useful: actifry

o

For those of you with limited space for storage ...

... how about installing some hooks in the kitchen ceiling, with bungee cords holding the appliances, and a string hanging from the bottom of each to just above the top of the head of the largest denizen?

When you want to use one, just pull it down and unhook it, re-hitching it when through?

(And after washing, of course).

ole joyfuelled

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here