Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Friday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 7, 12 at 17:03

In the middle of the night I woke up feeling really bad. My head ached, I was running hot and cold and didn't sleep most of the night from being in the bathroom.

Been sleeping most of the day so dinner is whatever Harry wants to fix himself. Me, no way I'm eating.

What are you having for dinner tonight?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Friday?

Sorry you are up to snuff, today. Hope tomorrow is better.

In my area on Friday's coming out of my place, the traffic is horrific, so no left turning to be stuck in traffic.

5 Guys was in the opposite direction, so went there for a little burger with grilled onions and mushrooms.

Like I need it with three parties within 4 days.

o

My office Christmas party is tonight. I arranged the catering, and just had a last minute scare! She emailed me the finally finalized menu (we'd had a few last minute revisions). There is 1 vegetarian in our group, and the butternut squash lasagna was NOT listed on the menu. Thankfully, it was listed on the production sheet! WHEW!

We're having the following passed Hors D-oeuvres:
Seared Beef Tenderloin on Polenta Crostini w/Gorgonzola
Bacon Wrapped Quail
Vegetable Samosas w/spicy Marisa Dipping Sauce
Crab Cakes with lemon aioli

Main Course:
Butternut Squash Lasagna
Breast of Chicken in a Clementine Cream Sauce
Beef Tenderloin w/Horseradish Sauce
Green Salad with Candied Walnuts & Dried Cranberries
Wild Rice Pilaf

Dessert will be assorted Tartlets & Cream Puffs with Chocolate Dipped Strawberries.

I think no one will go home hungry.

o

Houstonmom, that menu sounds wonderful. I made my white chili.. The first time I made it was over a year ago. I thought it was very good. When I told DH it was white "chili" he expected it to be thicker like regular chili so he wasn't that enthused about it despite the fact that it tasted good. So tonight when I served him he asked what it was and I said "Mexican Soup". He loved it! You just have to be quick around here.

Sorry you're not feeling well, Patti. I hope it's just a 24 hour thing and that you're feeling better tomorrow.

o

Oh, Patti, so sorry to hear you are sick. There is a lot of sickness going around, I hope you get well soon. My day was another long one. Cheryl picked me up early and we went to Amber's. She is better but still is trying to take care of it so she won't make things worse. I had chili soup in my crock pot but it was too late in the day for me to eat that so I just had a lunch meat sandwich and some apple salad. Will head to bed soon and try to be ready to go again tomorrow. Get well soon.

Sue in Rainy Indiana

o

Ramen noodles...again. Evil salty things.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here