Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Wednesday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 12, 12 at 17:02

I made a big pot of bean soup today. I'm getting ready to make Glenda's corn bread after I take the sheets out of the dryer and get them back on the bed. Got the Christmas gifts Fed Ex'd to the kids. That business of being sick a few days really put me behind!

What have you been doing today? And what's for dinner?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Wednesday?

Ah, yes! I enjoyed Irondale's cornbread last week, and thought of you!

Done with luncheons, so I was on my own.

Ms Myra's for smoked chicken salad, crackers and a pickle spear.

Then I shopped for myself and bought two much needed pr of shoes.

o

Homemade hamburgers and waffle fries

o

When I was out running errands today, I went to McDs and used my coupon for BOGO free Big Mac. I had one of those and a bowl of my split pea soup tonight.

Shirley

o

My GF and I are going to an open house a gal that makes stained glass gives every year. We will be buying and having a drink and appys there, then out to dinner somewhere;) My DH will eat the leftovers from last night fattata dinner~~~lucky me;) I really hate to cook and am not good at it!

o

I did steak on the grill and baked potatoes. DH nuked the last of his saurkraut balls.

o

Glenda, every time you mention your smoked chicken salad, it sounds so, so good. The cornbread is in the oven (in the iron skillet;0) right now. I didn't have any buttermilk so made my own with milk and lemon juice. We'll see how that works. New shoes are always a treat!

Raven, are you all over your bronchitis--or whatever you had? Sure hope so. Usually when I make hamburgers we end up eating them without the bun or on a slice of bread to soak up the juices. It's good that way!

Wow, Shirley, I've never seen a BOGO for MacDonald's. Nice with soup. My nephew likes Big Mac's so much he gave them up for Lent one year--haha!

YogaLady, wish we could all go with you. I just love stained glass. We knew a guy who bought a really old home and replaced some of the windows with stained glass he'd made. So beautiful. Enjoy your evening. P.S. Bet you're a better cook than you think you are!

o

I made a Shepherd's pie to use up my leftover mashed potatoes.
We hadn't had it in a while, and we sure like it!

I posted the recipe I use on the Beef thread.

o

I had no idea what to have for supper, having had Healthy Choice dinners, last night, and not taking something from the freezer in time for it to thaw. So, I used a 40 year old recipe called "Rookie Cookie Chicken Chow Mein"-taken from the comics section of our paper long, long ago.

It's really simple, cooked, chopped/shredded chicken, some sauteed celery and onion, can of mushroom soup, a little soy sauce Mix all together, put in a casserole, top with chow mein noodles, and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. I usually cook a cup of rice and add to it before baking. It's really very tasty and easy to fix. DH was satisfied!

o

Fresh Market had Maryland crabcakes yesterday, BOGO so we had that and cream style corn from the freezer with broccoli, sauteed in EVOO with minced garlic and then added toasted slivered almonds and crushed red pepper plus a little lemon juice. A combo I will repeat when FM repeats their special.

o

Now I'm jealous. I'd rather have had Jude's BOGO crabcakes.

Shirley

o

Tami, don't you think steaks on the grill taste a lot better in December than they do in July? Maybe it's just me, but there's something extra special cooking out in months you wouldn't think you could.

Jasdip, we like shepherd's pie, too. I'll have to go check your recipe out. Always room for improvement around here. Hope you have leftovers 'cause I'm coming over ;-)

Jude, another great BOGO! I just love Fresh Market and went occasionally when we lived in Gainesville. We don't have one here. The produce department is a thing of beauty! I just love looking around at everything!

Mwheel, that sounds yummy. I love those crunchy chow mein noodles

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here