Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Wednesday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 19, 12 at 16:56

Had to go to VA here in Ocala today for Harry's INS blood work. We were home by noon but I've just piddled around here all day and not accomplished much. Talked to DSis#1 this afternoon for a while.

Tonight we're having baked cod with the potatoes and carrots from last night's pot roast. Harry loves cod.

What have you been doing today? And what's for dinner at your house?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Wednesday?

I'm making a potato and ham casserole. Just like it sounds. :0) It's a white sauce, onions, potatoes and ham baked together.

It's a cold, snowy, blustery day. Need a HOT meal!

o

I'd take either of the meals listed above. How do you cook the cod, Patti?

I bet it's been over 10 yrs since I've bought the frozen, breaded fish fillets. They just looked good at the store today. They weren't bad. I baked a sweet potato and had mixed vegetables.

I had several errands to run today. Wanted to get as much done as I can before any snow arrives.

Shirley/OH

o

I haven't done much today. I got a late start. I just finished a batch of pretzel rolls and have two more to go. DD said they just finished the last batch I gave them several months ago and SIL said all he wanted for Christmas was another bag of rolls. His are done and I have two more batches to go. One for my freezer, and one for my hairdresser. I decided to make it real easy on myself and we're having something we hardly ever have....a hamburger. A real treat. LOL

o

I'm going to a friends for dinner so I'll let you know tomorrow. As long as I don't have to cook it, it's good in my opinion.

o

Mama Goldberg's for my usual: bologna on rye with pepper jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, mayo and mustard. Chips

o

went to the movies to see 'the hobbit' and then to red robin for burgers and fries. yay, i didn't have to cook. :)

o

Kraft Macaroni and Cheese - and I ate the whole thing. :)

o

I have a pot of minestrone soup simmering on the stove as the snow is beginning to fall. We are expecting a blizzard tonight and tomorrow. This morning I got a bone density test done and then went grocery shopping. I ran into a friend in the grocery store and we decided to have lunch.

o

Just ordered pizza and salad, been hungry for some good pizza.

o

Darn it--bet I forgot to hit the "Submit" again. Shoot!

Anyway, glad to see you all tonight and all your dinners sound good. Especially those of you that didn't have to cook :-)

Schoolhouse, you made me LOL!

o

went to the movies to see 'the hobbit' and then to red robin for burgers and fries. yay, i didn't have to cook. :)

o

An egg bake -- layered with 2 cans chopped chilies, cheese & beaten eggs. Flavored with some cayenne and ground mustard. Orange slices and maple sausage. Very easy comfort food.

o

A big bowl of Special K Almond flakes with good cold milk. So good!
Chocolates for dessert.
This morning after getting a thingy removed from my hand, nephew and I went to Shockley's for breakfast.... great big fluffy biscuits, yummy sausage, scrambled eggs. and grits.
This afternoon, naps with a purry gray kitty. All in all, a happy day.

o

Friend made beef bourgenoin in the crock pot and served it with egg noddles. Very good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here