Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
twitter..what can you tell me about it?

Posted by Missy_May (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 19, 12 at 16:36

Not really interested in posting my business there..but would like to follow news stories...etc..

I went there and they want a user name like forums,but I have no idea what kind of user names people are using.Just make something up? like when you join a forum..anything old thing? LOL

Just kind of curious what goes on there. :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: twitter..what can you tell me about it?

also a little interested in pinterest..but I don't know much about it either. Do you have a user name there as well? Or do you use real name...thanks!

o

I don't know anything about Twitter. I like pinterest. But I will say, I created an account, username etc. then unsubscribed. I'm sure I just wasn't doing it right, but I couldn't get the whole page with all sorts of things on it to come up after I joined.

If you type in pinterest dot com, that's the page I wanted. As soon as I unsubscribed/closed my acct. I was able to get that page again.

Pathetic I know, haha. I like pinterest without being joined. You can search for anything.

o

I don't join any of it but I do browse pinterest.
Here click on the link and find all sorts of information on twitter.

Here is a link that might be useful: Twitter 101

o

Thanks!
No not pathetic at all katlan in fact I thought I was pathetic for asking here. I browse pinterest too, although not enough to really get the hang of it. I haven't spent a lot of time with it though. I probably best stay out of things I don't understand..look but not join. LOL

o

I can't quite understand the twitter craze. Celebrities or whomever post what they're thinking or doing or what's going on for all of their followers to see. Maybe I'm just not interested in knowing how much Kim Kardashian spent on a pair of shoes along with a picture of her in the shoes. Maybe I just don't care to know what everyone I know is doing at every minute of the day. Maybe it's just me?? LOL

I have browsed Pinterest but never signed up. When we did our kitchen remodel, I browsed Houzz a lot. What are you looking for? Social entertainment or decorating ideas or???

o

I don't really want to follow the celebrities either..I am more curious about twitter than anything. I thought you could do follow ups on current events there.
Regarding pinterest, I thought it looked like a good place to share ideas, hobbies. I really don't know much about it though.

o

I got on Twitter when it came out for the news aspect of it but REALLY stuck with it because of airlines customer service help on it. I fly mostly Southwest and you can get AWESOME service by using their twitter to get help in airports etc...I have friends who use it for that too and swear you can get better help and better upgrades on it. there are also lots of deals from companies just on twitter.

Pinterest is a wonderful addiction when I have time. I found that as soon as they opened and for about a yr used it alot. Since summer thou I have not had much time, of course that was after I kept bugging friends to get on LOL. again you can get deals on things, find cool craft ideas, find decorative things to buy etc... It is the equivalent of tearing out magazine pic's and articles, a hobby i used to have LOL ;-)) ~ liz

o

Hmmm...deals you say? I just might have to give Twitter another look, Liz (not gonna call you Bigfoot LOL!)

o

I had joined twitter the very day it came online, several people I knew did also. Well with in 24 hours I had I kid you not hundreds of emails in my inbox from people wanting to follow me on twitter!! some I knew some I didn't, some I have no idea lol but it scared the bejeepers out of me and I went and closed it. I have seen there is someone else now using the ravencajun name, I am definitely not the only one LOL.

o

I love Pinterest. You can find a lot of good ideas, recipes, etc. on there. The only problem is that it can be a little addictive.

Twitter, on the other hand, I just haven't been able to get into. I've looked at it & even signed up for an account. I haven't used it though. DH is on Twitter & seems to like it. If you follow many people the amount of info (especially if they tweet often) becomes overwhelming.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here