SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ronf_gw

A Christmas Eve not soon forgotten

ronf_gw
9 years ago

Let me start off by saying, my family has a well developed sense of humor.
Every Christmas Eve my brother and his wife, Sue and I, our 5 kids, 3 spouses, and 2 grandkids gather at my parents home for a meal after church services. This year the number 4 child, Ryan, is at his fiances, Karla, home taking a shower when he slips and hits his head on the edge of the tub. After they get the bleeding stopped Karla calls Ryans sister, Emily (the RN), to see if she thinks they should go to the ER. Yup, it's a trip to the ER for 14 stitches. It's just above his right eyebrow. All the rest of the family is gathered at my parents and Emily texts ahead to inform us that Ryan doesn't want a big fuss made over his accident and to keep the kidding to a minimum. (He must have a traumatic brain injury if he thinks that's going to happen in this family.) Ryan walks in with his head bandaged, Karla walks in behind him carrying a long, thin package. The first thing out of his brothers mouth is, "That must be the grab bars for Ryans shower."
Ryan and Karlas wedding is January 10th. Probably will need some Photoshopping on the wedding pics.

Merry Christmas to all

Ron

Comments (8)