SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandy_in_ia

Oh My Gosh...For The Goodies!! (Recipes)

sandy_in_ia
15 years ago

I am working on my cookie/candy plates for Dean's crew at work. I have lemon cookies, cherry cookies and PB cookies left to get done, and I am finished! Here are some of the recipes that I am using...some new ones from here.

Cake Mix Cookies

Quick and Very EASY...and so good!

1 cake mix Lemon

2 eggs

1/2 cup oil

Mix together. Drop by teaspoon on cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Bake at 350* degrees for 8-10 mins. Cool on rack. Makes 12-15 cookies.

Many variations; white cake with choc. Chips, chocolate cake with white chips, etc. (I am frosting these with lemon and putting sprinkles on them)

****I just made the S&S Treats that Sharon_FL posted..OH MY GOSH are they GOODDDDD!!!!

I call these "S&S TREATS" (sweet 'n salty)

1 cup light corn syrup

1 cup sugar

1 cup peanut butter

1 10.5oz. bag Fritos (or pretzels) I used Pretzels!

10 Hershey bars 1.55oz. size

Grease a 9x13 baking pan and pour the Fritos (or pretzels) into the bottom of the pan.

Boil the corn syrup and sugar over medium heat. After they come to a boil, stir in the peanut butter. Pour the hot mixture evenly over the pretzels or

Fritos.

Layer the Hershey bars** on top of the hot mixture and spread chocolate as it melts. Cool and cut in squares or break up.

(I find that if I put the pan in the fridge to harden the chocolate and cool the mixture, it cuts better and sets the chocolate.) This is really good... my family & friends love it.

**NOTE: Sometimes I place the choc bars on a plate & nuke 3-5 seconds, to soften them for faster spreading.

****I also made the Cookie Dough Truffles That Craftyshe posted

~*~Cookie Dough Truffles~*~My dd's favorite!

1 C. soft butter

1-1/2 C. brown sugar, packed

2 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 tsp salt

2 C. all-purpose flour

1 T water

6 oz pkg. mini chocolate chips.

Cream butter and sugar together. Add remaining ingredients and mix well by hand. Roll into bite size balls. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes. Store in a plastic ziploc bag in the freezer. Makes 4 dozen.

Let stand at room temperature 5 minutes before eating.

**I dip them in Chocolate**1c.choc. chip melted with 1Tbsp shortening.Also drizzled white melted choc. On top :-)

****They were great! Made the poor mans Turtles, how easy and Dean said they were wonderful! Leslie/Grammahony posted those.

Poor Man's/Woman's Turtles

small pretzel twists

Rolo candy

whole pecans

Set 1 of the Rolos on each pretzel on a cookie sheet, and put in the oven at 350° for 3 or 4 min. Bring them out and put a whole pecan on the top while warm (I push them into the rolo a little) Let cool.

****Also the Beer Nuts that Iowagirl2006 posted.

Beer Nuts

1 bag RAW peanuts

1 cup white sugar

1/2 cup water

Combine all ingredients in a heavy bottom skillet. Heat over medium heat until the water has evaporated and the sugar is clinging to the nuts - Stir frequently with a heat safe spatula. Towards the end, when the water is about gone - you need to watch it carefully and keep stirring gently.

Transfer to a large sheet pan with sides.

Bake at 300º for 30 minutes. Stir the nuts well after the first 15 minutes. Remove and let cool.

****Last but not least is my Aunt's great fudge!

Aunt JudyÂs Great Fudge

4 cup sugar

1 can evaporated milk

1 cup butter

1-12 oz pkg choc. Chips

1 pint marshmallow creme

1 tsp vanilla

1 cup walnuts  if desired

Butter 3 qt pan-or silverstone

Combine sugar, milk, butter, cook until soft ball 230*

Remove, add rest of ingred. Stir until all chips are melted. Spread in 9x13" pan. Cut before fudge becomes to hard.

I know the guys will enjoy all the goodies! I also make up a huge plate to take to my bosses. He is impossible to buy for, and his fiancé doesn't have the time to bake and with all 5 of their kids with spouses around, they all look forward to the platter! Plus I make them a big monkey bread.

Comments (8)