SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilly316

Dishwasher advice

Lily316
10 years ago

Following up on Rose's dilemma of her DW breakdown , I wondered what brand she purchased and recommendations from the rest of you.

We did a complete kitchen remodel in 2002, and now my Maytag is not getting the dishes clean and is making horrific noises. Repairs can be very expensive, and then I'll still have a 12 year old dishwasher, so we're going looking this week for a replacement. What do you have that you love?

Another dilemma I'd like your ideas...This custom Plain&Fancy kitchen has two styles of cabinets, as well as two different colors...Sage green and vanilla cream. Refrigerator, corner cupboard, island cabinets and all trim are green. All other cabinets are the vanilla which includes the DW which has a cream panel on it. The counters and sink are black soapstone. Question. We are not going with the DW panel anymore. Should we get a stainless DW or a black one to more match the soapstone? The only stainless in this kitchen , which is designed to look like a 1850 one, is toaster and microwave. Oven is black and built into the island. Stove top is near DW and is black.

I realize this is a question for the kitchen forum where I started here on GW, but thought I'd first ask you guys. Will a black DW stand out like a sore thumb beside vanilla cabinets or will it compliment the black soapstone and black oven and stovetop? Would stainless look too modern or would it blend in more than the black? Hope this isn't confusing. I'd prefer stainless but the look matters. Thanks.

Comments (32)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH