Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Boss Christmas gift

Posted by rob333 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 13, 12 at 13:28

I want to give my boss and his wife a Christmas gift. Any good ideas out there, that aren't way too personal? We value not being close, but professional instead. What would you give someone who has everything, yet, you still want to acknowledge them? A very small something. Last year was each of them individually, but I'd like for it to be a "them" gift this year.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Boss Christmas gift

What about a Butter Bell Crock?

Here is a link that might be useful: Butter Bell

o

I did the Williams Sonoma chocolate/caramel apple this year. Very good. And huge!

o

Maybe a small gift basket with gourmet items? If you know they like tea or coffee, an assortment of those and a couple classy mugs, good chocolate (if that's something they like), cookies, etc. That's not too personal and most people love a nice basket. Most grocery stores sell cellophane so you can wrap it professionally and attach a tag and some Christmasy deco.

o

Funny! I've done all of these. Except the crock wasn't for butter (last year), it was a salt cellar. Close enough. These are good ideas for others to whom I'd give, so keep 'em coming!

o

Ok, so how about a USA, Gift Road Atlas, 2013 (Rand Mcnally Road Atlas United States/ Canada/Mexico (Vinyl Covered Edition))

Here is a link that might be useful: USA, Gift Road Atlas, 2013 (Rand Mcnally Road Atlas United States/ Canada/Mexico (Vinyl Covered Edition))

o
RE: Do they garden? Boss Christmas gift

Right now Brent and Becky are selling their $25 gift certificates discounted for $20. Maybe they would like to pick something out from B and B.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gift Certificates brent and Becky's Bulbs and Perennials

o

At work I like giving something that is Christmas related like dish towel and pot holders, small holiday pillow, an ornament. They will be reminded each Christmas of how much they are appreciated by me.

Last year I gave everyone a Li Bien ornament from Pier 1. They came in very nice gift boxes that don't need to be wrapped.

Jodi-

Here is a link that might be useful: Li Bien Ornaments at Pier 1

o

A Vista/Master Card gift Card, that can be used anywhere.
If you know they travel alot, PBS (Public Broadcasting System) have some great DVD travel films that if you watch are on sale. Or if you know they collect things, they also have ones on things like trains, nature etc
If they are garderners, and like outdoor things, check the catalogs for ideas.

o

Harry and David's Royal Imperial pears. I just love them. They are the biggest, juiciest pears! You can get a box of 9 for $29.99 (plus shipping) but they will ship direct to their home with a personalized gift card from you. One of my favorite gifts to give--even better, to get!! And they're made in the USA ;-) We sent them to Harry's brother this year and I know he'll love them.

o

Not sure how much your looking to spend but I have always sent my boss a Corky's rib selection. They are precooked and packed in dry ice. There's lots of choices as far as sides and etc. Corky's ribs in Memphis. www.corkysmemphis.com.

o

Acres, my b-i-l sends a box of those every year. I like them ok, but don't love them because I'm not a big bbq gal. However, hubby and one dd like them. We don't know how to tell him to stop sending because it's a very nice gesture.

o

I'm a fan of consumables. Is there some type of food you could get them in specialty form like wine or cheese from some place local?

o

I love giving gifts from local artisans, artists, etc. There's an old stone grinding mill not too far from here and we love giving their fresh corn meal, pancake mix, grits, or flour.

o

I wish adellabedella! He's a cardiologist and even if he wasn't, she's a health conscience eater. They send food to work for the lab to consume :( It'd break my heart to make something for them, knowing they'd just give it away. Ok, they'd pProbably give it away.

Someone tried to give my son a gift card and they wanted me to sign up for a monthly fee based thing along with my SSN. Nope! Heck no! Talk about a waste! I wish I knew how to get one without all that buisness with it.

I might get them my trusted bottle of Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio. Can't go wrong with that, with pears and cheese. She's a gardener, he's not. They travel, but they're GPS-ers and flight users (I love to thumb through atlas, like I do encyclopedias). These are all great gifts, though. You see why I am stuck! But we can use these ideas for other small gift ideas. Y'all tried! I know. I appreciate it! La bien! Ha! That's another work one. But I love getting those Christmas socks. Really, my favorite.

o

The old stndard: A box of chocolates

o

do you have any pictures of them? a cyber pal surprised me today with a photo taken off fb of me, my dd and dgd...yes i've seen it a dozen times but to actually have a copy???

do they have a favorite poet, or an oldie album they enjoy?

o

Well, Rob, if he's a cardiologist, he must know that drinking a glass of red wine every day is good for the heart! And I doubt he'd send a bottle of wine to the lab for the employees to consume. After all, the only way they'd be able to share it would be to drink at work!

o

Get him a seasonal flower arrangement. If not something Christmasy then something that would look good for New Years.

o

Make a donation in their name to something that they might be passionate about. The amount does not have to be shown on the card that they receive just that a donation was made in their name thanking them.

o

Thanks y'all! What I gave him, he said was "perfect". I credit y'all with that (since I have never heard that before--in almost a decade now)!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here