SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
country_bumpkin_al

I Want to Try This Recipe, But....

country_bumpkin_al
13 years ago

I've never used "Dry Sherry" in anything. I'm assuming I'd have to make a trip to the liquor store..right? Is there something I could use to substitute. I got the recipe from Farmer's Almanac.

Oriental Chicken Wings

Chicken wings just disappear from the table! This recipe is quick, easy to make, and loved by adults and children alike. If your family enjoys munching on chicken wings, they will be very happy when you serve this as a main dish with rice.

Yield: 6 to 8 servings (24 pieces)

12 whole chicken wings

1/4 cup dark brown sugar

1/4 cup soy sauce

1/4 cup water

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1 tablespoon dry sherry

1 teaspoon lemon juice

1 teaspoon ground ginger

1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch

Remove and discard the wing tips from the chicken and cut each remaining wing in half at the joint.

In a large nonreactive bowl or zippered plastic bag, combine and mix all the remaining ingredients except the cornstarch. Add the chicken; stir to coat. Refrigerate overnight, stirring once. Drain and reserve the marinade.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange the chicken in a single layer on a greased baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until browned and done.

Just before serving, bring the reserved marinade to a boil and boil for 5 minutes. Combine the cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water to make a thick paste. Add to the marinade and cook until thickened. Serve with the warm chicken as a dip.

Comments (13)