Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spin off RE: craft shows--does your state have??

Posted by marie-ndcal (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 18, 12 at 12:56

In ND they have a group of crafters and they have to meet certain standards to get certified to be Pride of Dakota. They have their own craft show, and members sell both in other craft shows and on their web site. At their craft show ONLY those members who make their own items, or grow their own items like honey, can sell the products. One person raises sheep and sells all sorts of products, including lamb sticks.
Does any other state do this?
Just curious.
Marie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spin off RE: craft shows--does your state have??

Never heard of it, but it is a great idea.

o

That's true of several groups in our state. DH and I used to belong to a craft guild here and their standards were pretty high. It was for members only, which most guilds are,and as far as I'm concerned that's a good thing. This area is not a good market for fine crafts though. More people are looking for cute, trendy and cheap, than not. We went to other areas to sell our crafts for the most part. New England was good for us. We did a craft show at Old Deerfield, Ma for several years and developed a rather good following there.

o

A couple of Christmases ago, DD gave me a gift box of Pride of Dakota items, all very good. I didn't realize it was a guild operation, but what a good idea.

o

Marie, I'm curious. What are lamb sticks?

jude

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here