Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
In Need of KT Prayers

Posted by sandiefl (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 11, 12 at 12:35

My husband Jim had lung cancer two years ago. They removed part of his lung. Due to other problems the Dr. said that he would not advise Chemo or radiation. He has been monitored every two months. His CEA numbers,tumor markers,have climbed really high. They were over 300 two months ago and are now 524.He was supposed to have a Pet Scan in January but they have moved it to next week. The doctor has said that he is pretty sure that the Cancer is back,but they have not found it yet. He also said that he has seen patients live for 10 years with numbers like this.I am really frightened right now. If they have found it will they recommend the chemo now.

I am going through some heavy health problems right now.It has been a rough year. But I am more anxious about Jim. Please keep him in your prayers. I have seen the Prayer Warriors do some great thngs.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: In Need of KT Prayers

Sandie, I know what a worry this is! I'll certainly keep Jim and you in my prayers and hope like heck that the Pet Scan shows that the doctors are wrong.

o

I'm so sorry to hear your news. Of course, you're anxious about this. I pray that your anxiety decreases, and that your health problems lessen greatly. And most of all for your husband, Jim. That they find where the problem lies and can take care of it without further problems for him.

May you feel His presence,

Shirley

o

I know you're worried more about Jim,
but *take care of yourself*.

If you make yourself sick, you can't take care of him.

Like they say on airplanes,
"put the oxygen mask over your own face before you attempt to help another".

holding both of you in my thoughts & in my heart.

o

You've got it, Sandie. Listen to Sylvia and look after yourself! I hope you also have some support from friends and family.

o

Prayers for him & your family.

o

I'm so sorry you've been going through this, Sandie. Sending healing thoughts to both of you.

o

I am sorry.
Prayers and positive thoughts for both of you.

o

Sending boatloads of prayers for Jim's good health.

o

Sending good thoughts your way for both of you.

o

Sandy, I will definitely say prayers for both of you.

o

sandie, my thoughts are with your and your husband

o

Sandie, you and your Jim are in my prayers.

o

Thoughts and prayers for both you and your husband....Hugs, too.

o

So sorry to hear this unhappy news. Is there a cancer support group near you? The hospital social work department might have some resources for you.

You and your DH may have a better idea of what decisions are ahead after the PET. (At least that's an easy test. I think I fell asleep on that one!)

o

Sandie, you and your husband have been in my daily prayers and will continue to be.

Tami

o

Sending thoughts and prayers to your and your family!!

o

Prayers and special healing thoughts for both of you.

o

Prayers and hugs to you both.

Sue

o

Prayers for you both! Keep in mind if you ever want to get a 2nd opinion on treatment that there is a Mayo Clinic in JAX. So sorry you are in this stressful situation.

o

Praying that he heals quickly. (((Hugs)))

Elaine

o

Sending prayers for you and your DH.

o

Prayer said for your hubby AND for you too.

o

hold on to each other...that's the best medicine along with the dr's....((((sandiefl and dh))))

o

Sending good thoughts for you and your husband.

o

Lifting you both in prayer.

o

Oh Sandy I am so sorry to read this. You have had more than your share the past few years. Prayers being sent up for your husband and you.

o

Wishing you all the best..prayers are going up.

o

I'm adding my thoughts to you and your hubby as well, Sandie.

o

Best wishes to you both, Sandie. I'm so sorry to hear this.

o

Thank you for the kind words and prayers. We did go to the Mayo Clinic when he had the fist Cancer. I think we will wait until after the PET Scan and see what they find. Then may look for second opinions. We go to the Space Coast Cancer Center and have been pleased with the Doctors and the Staff. I am supposed to go to Shands,in Gainesville because I have a very bad curvature in the spine. They tell me that me because of my lung problem there is no way they can do surgery on my spine. The orthopedic doctor says it is my lungs,the lung doctors say that it is my spine. The lung doctor that says it is my spine,ordered oxygen for me. I just really wants some answers for Jim and myself.I have a very deep faith,that is why I ask for prayers.I know that I am supposed to give it to Him and not worry.After what I have gone through for the past few years,and now to hear that Jim very probably has Cancer again,it is very hard to shut off my mind. I do have friends and familly here,but I consider all of you my family too. So, I just ask for the prayers to keep going up.

o

My very best wishes and good thoughts for both of you. May your health problems turn out to be much less serious than they appear!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here