Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
editing trouble, anyone else?

Posted by kat__wa (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 18, 12 at 12:35

this sight won't let me edit, anyone else having any problems? ??

This post was edited by kat__wa on Tue, Dec 18, 12 at 12:35

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: editing trouble, anyone else?

hmmmm, I was trying to edit out a picture, maybe that
was the problem. It let me add two question marks to
this post, but I tried to take a pic out of another post
so I could post a new smaller one, and it wouldn't work!

o

I tried to do it again and this is what I get.....
"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@astrology.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log"

o

I can never edit when I am using my usual browser, Mozilla Firefox. I click on Edit and nothing happens.However, if I switch over to IE (which is too much trouble), the edit function works for me. So, you all will just have to live with my typos and misspellings.

o

Did you contact GW and let them know? It could be in the software program and needs some adjustments.

o

I use firefox exclusively and can edit just fine however have not tried to remove a picture that would be very different than just editing text they store those pictures on their servers so that may not be available.

I would let GW know if you are using a current version of firefox and you can not use the edit feature because that is not the norm.

testing to edit yep it works

This post was edited by ravencajun on Tue, Dec 18, 12 at 13:05

o

I'm using Chrome. I can edit words, I guess I just can't take off the picture!

o

I didn't know we had "editing" ability here. That's great, if I can figure it out!

o
Not available.

Well, I just tried to edit my response above and I can't find an "edit" button anywhere.

Can someone clue me in when you get the time?

o

I use Firefox and am able to edit on posts but I CAN'T edit the Subject. That was embarrassing when I misspelled Senator Inouye's name. I wanted to honor the Senator and then my fingers and poor eyesight couldn't even type his name correctly.

The majority of people on the mainland can't even pronounce his name correctly They say IN-no-way but it's In-NO-ay.

o

Caroline the new edit button appears on your own posts to the right under the clippings topic, just click it and it re opens the reply box.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here