Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Who enjoys????

Posted by glenda_al (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 7, 12 at 12:35

Enjoy the taste, with no alcohol added.

Rarely have it and when I do have it in moderation.

Used to make an eggnog cake, and love eggnog ice cream, but that has been ages.

Might just have a cup for the holidays.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Who enjoys????

Bottoms up Glenda, I love one at Xmas time sans alcohol too.

o

It looks yummy, but count me out on this. I've tried it a few times and can't take it. Maybe it's just something you have to develop a taste for. I could squeeze the whipped topping in my mouth all day though. Enjoy!!

o

Not my cup of tea.. but that just means more for you.
Enjoy!

o

Homemade egg nog is nothing at all like dairy carton egg nog. My aunt used to make the most delicious egg nog in a punch bowl. I remember seeing her fold the whipped eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla and spices into a huge bowl of whipped cream. It was delicious.

o

That's exactly how my mother made it...just so yummy, but God know how many calories.

o

I'll take the alcohol... you can have the eggnog. :) Never liked it but I have to buy some for DH every year cause he loves it.

o

Don't care for it with or without alcohol. I'll use those calories for something else.

o

I love it but its so fattening! Edys make a eggnog ice cream special edition, its good too.

o

Count me out too. It's awful tasting! lol
But I WILL take a shot of rum! lol

o

I do not care for it, I can eat Egg Nog ice cream tho. I have never had it fresh made so that might be my problem. When my son was at home he loved the EN from the carton~~~he drank it like it was regular milk ICK!

o

I'll be darned if I can figure out what they do to that grocery store nog to make it taste so yukky. It's very easy to make the real stuff, which is deeeelicious! I'll take mine with a good Kentucky bourbon, thank you.

o

YUM......... but will not be having much this year..still doing well on my weightwatchers.

o

I used to make it for parties many years ago. That was before the warnings about not using raw eggs in it.
I love the Anderson-Erickson light eggnog that is sold in stores here. Usually I drink it without alcohol but it tastes delish with some cognac added. I always sprinkle nutmeg on top.

o

I Like eggnog. I remember the first time I ever tasted it. My siblings were in 4-H and they made some homemade at a meeting. I thought it was really good. Is a hot toddy made out of eggnog or is that something else. They have nutmeg on top too.

o

I like it too, but my stomach protests afterwards; so I can only drink a glass now and then. Usually keep a quart in the fridge during the holiday in case company comes around.

o

The T G Lee pumpkin egg nog is real good!!!

o

The best homemade eggnog is made by using the recipe from the New York Times Cookbook, and yes, it certainly does have the calories. A spoon will almost stand up in it!

While cleaning up after a party I discoverd that if I fold the commercial whipped topping left over from the dessert pie into the store-bought eggnog I can achieve an eggnog that is an interesting cheapie version.

o

I've never had homemade so I don't know about it. My daughter and I love the store bought stuff, but we mix it half and half with milk, it's just too think and sweet as is. Never had eggnog ice cream either, sounds good.

And you can count me in if we're lining up for shots! haha

o

Oh- I'll join you! I absolutely love eggnog, but it's one of those things like peppermint ice cream that needs to be saved for once a year special occasion. Having it too often lessens the magic! And homemade eggnog is so much better than the bought variety.

o

If anyone wants to offer and tried and true recipe for homemade eggnog I'll be willing to give it a try. I was always afraid of raw eggs.....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here