Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Holiday movies. I like to watch this one every so often

Posted by kat__wa (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 19, 12 at 12:16

It is one of my all time favorites at Christmas time. And
the introduction of "White Christmas".

what is ONE of yours?

Here is a link that might be useful: One of my all time favorite movies to watch especially around Christmas.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Holiday movies. I like to watch this one every so often

Mine is A TREE GROWS IN BROOKLYN

o

How the Grinch stole Christmas. But I hate movies with sad endings.

o

The Ref is a nice change from the usual Christmas fare.

o

My niece and I watch "Miracle On 34th St" and "A Christmas Story" every yr. I recorded them from TV back in the 90s, she's 15 and loves to see the old commercials.

o

I absolutely must watch Elf every year. Bob Newhart cracks me up even if he's simply standing still! I love him.

Of course, it's not "Christmas" unless I've re-watched...

- Every version of A Christmas Carol ever made. I have five versions and may add another soon.

- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer,

- and first and foremost, A Christmas Story.

I think I need a Leg Lamp for the breakfast table in the south window. Everyone could enjoy it!

o

And I forgot to add...

I agree with you totally, Kat, Holiday Inn, and White Christmas are absolute musts-sees to start the season. I usually watch one of them on the night of Thanksgiving.

o

The Bishop's Wife. Love that hat!

o

The Bishop's Wife. Love that hat!

o

Christmas in Connecticut with Barbara Stanwyk.

o

I love White Christmas.

A fairly new favorite for me is The Family Stone. (Sarah Jessica Parker and a host of others). I also really enjoy Last Holiday with Queen Latifah.
Honestly I can't pass up Christmas Vacation and Elf (laugh out loud funny every single time I watch)

o

I like White Christmas, Holiday Inn, Little Women with Susan Sarandon, Noel, also with Susan Sarandon.. it's sad but I still like it. So many I like it's hard to choose. I have both Mrs. Miracles because I love Doris Roberts.
I did not watch Christmas Shoes or Christmas Blessing this year.

I've been watching the funny ones too. Christmas vacation, Christmas with the Kranks, both Home Alones, Elf, Fred Clause. I plan to watch Christmas Carol with G.C. Scott tonight. Salgal, I do like The Family Stone too..thanks for reminding me.
Collecting movies Christmas and other) is a hobby for me..I have to many to mention

o

Love the old ones, too. I just cannot get into some of the more recent ones, where the child just wants a parent for their mom/dad. Just so darned predictable. Of course, the others are, too, but they are more watchable, also.

o

I love looking at all those wonderful old movies..returning to a more civilized society for the most part.Not perfect but,better than what we have today. IMHO of course.

june

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here