Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hamburger Steak recipe needed quickly!

Posted by jae_tn (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 8, 12 at 12:15

I know I saved this after seeing it within the last couple of weeks but I can't find it. I am almost out the door but really want to get the recipe before I go. Can anyone help quickly?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hamburger Steak recipe needed quickly!

Not my recipe but sounds good.

I love hamburger steak with onions and gravy!

1 pound lean ground round
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
3 medium onions, sliced
1 can beef gravy , or about 1 1/2 to 2 cups of prepared brown gravy MAKE YOUR OWN, MUCH BETTER

Preparation:

Mix ground beef, water, salt, pepper, and bread crumbs. Mold into 4 large patties. In a large skillet, brown hamburger steaks on one side, turn, add sliced onions, and brown lightly. Add gravy, cover, and simmer for about 40 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.

o

I just made these the other night....

1 lb ground round/80% lean(You need a little oil from the meat to make this taste good)
1 cup flour
1 med yellow onion
salt & pepper/seasoning salt
4 TBL canola oil
2 cups beef broth
Dash of Kitchen Bouquet(for color)optional

Pat ground beef into 4 patties.
Dredge in flour with salt and pepper to taste. (I put flour on a little bread plate and lay the patties on the flour). Put 4 TBL cooking oil into skillet, heat, then drop patties into hot skillet. Brown on each side, about 4 minutes per side. Remove to a plate. Add 1 diced onion, cook till glassy. Remove to a plate. Add remaining flour to skillet, stir till it starts turning brown, making a roux with a little of the oil still left in the pan....or add 2 TBL butter if needed. Now add 2 cups beef broth, adding slowly, whisking as you go, add the Kitchen Bouquet(optional). Once it's thickened, add the onions back in, more salt & pepper if needed. Serve the onion gravy over the patties.

o

You mean like Salisbury steak?

Salisbury Steak for 2

Salisbury Steak

1 egg 3/4lb. ground beef
3T. crushed butter crackers 1 can (4oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
1T. finely chopped onion 2T. butter
1/2t. salt 3T.flour
1/4t. pepper 1 3/4c. water

Mix ground beef, crackers, onion, salt, pepper & egg together and make into patties. Brown patties. Remove from pan. In pan, melt butter, add flour and stir until flour is cooked. Add water, stir. Add mushrooms, stir. Add the patties back in and let cook until meat is done and gravy is thickened.

o
RE: Hambbbburger Steak recipe needed quickly!

Around here a hamburger steak is a thick hamburger patty cooked, then added to brown gravy and sauteed onions.

o

Thanks ladies. I just got home from a full day of running around! These all sound good and I know it isn't rocket science but I could swear that there was a post here a few days ago that had a picture of a hamburger steak covered with gravy and it had onions sitting on top. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something special that I missed.

o

Jae_tn, that was at the other forum, which must be left nameless here.

o

Yes, that's where it was....but Nicole posted the recipe in this thread.

o

"which must be left nameless here".....why so secretive?

o

Thanks! I should have checked everywhere. Linda, most forums will delete posts if you reference others.

o

If 'the other site' is mentioned in a posting, GW won't let you post your response.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here