Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Doesn't this look good?

Posted by joann_fla (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 12, 12 at 11:42

I just got it in email from Southern Plate. She always has the best recipes.

Tiger Butter

1 package ( 24 ounces) white almond bark
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (Milk chocolate will work fine too)

Line a rimmed baking sheet with waxed paper. Set aside
In large mixing bowl, break up almond bark as best you can (or you can just toss the whole thing in). Place bowl in microwave for about one minute. Stir well. Microwave at 30-45 second intervals, stirring after each, until bark is melted and smooth.
Stir in peanut butter until melted and well blended.
Spread out onto waxed paper lined baking pan.
Place chocolate chips in a small bowl and microwave at 30-45 second intervals, stirring after each, until smooth and melted.
Drop dollops of chocolate onto peanut butter mixture in pan. Swirl with a knife.
Place baking sheet in refrigerator until hardened or allow to harden completely at room temp.
Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tiger Butter step by step

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Doesn't this look good?

Looks good to me. Butterscotch chips would work well too.

o

Thanks for this. I'll try it. A family member loves choclate and peanut butter. What kind of taste does the almond butter have?

o

That is so pretty, and looks easy to make too.

o

There is no "Almond butter" its just called Almond bark. It's like a vanilla flavored chocolate.

o

Actually, there is almond butter - you can buy it at many grocery stores.

I just made this recipe, by the way - so easy! Took about 10 minutes, tops. The tray is in the fridge in the basement, chilling. Can't wait to taste it! Thanks so much for sharing this!

o
RE:::: Doesn't this look good?

Sorry, I read it too fast! I saw a woman in the store today, buying two large blocks of almond bark. Never knew what it was, and always forgot to look it up.

o

OK - just tasted it - it's AWESOME. But very VERY rich!

o

Just made a batch, too--it tastes absolutely AMAZING!!!

Love to add new, super easy recipes to my holiday collection--especially when they have PB and Choc.

Thanks for the tip.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here