SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

Anyone hear from Wildchild?

alisande
11 years ago

I haven't seen a post from her in a long time, but maybe I'm not opening the right threads. She had some hearing loss; I hope her health is okay. Maybe she's just busy with her grandbaby.

Comments (46)

• kacram
    11 years ago

I just did a search and the last thread that she posted on (according to the search anyway) was the 29th of November. I hope she is just busy with Christmas and family!

• carol_in_california
    11 years ago

I know she was on vacation starting Nov. 29th. She stopped by to see my DD at work in a little beach town and had thought about going up to see her brother.
    She was going to call me since we were vacationing nearby.
    I will try calling her today.

• Related Discussions

Anyone hear from (of) LAR (Hornworm)???

Q

Comments (2)
    Hi Bruce, I think that I heard from Larry once shortly after his March 2005 posting, but nothing since then. Not many of the "old group" are still around here. I check here once in a while, but the discussion side has become rather HFGH oriented...no meat like we use to have about dealing with ghse situations. Mary
    ...See More

anyone hear feed the birds from a BALCONY?

Q

Comments (1)
    Please don't use oil. Oil can be very harmful to birds. I have no idea how to solve your dilemma about protecting the railings. Maybe hang your bird feeder away from the railing? You could put something down on the floor to protect it, like a throw away or washable mat of some sort.
    ...See More

Anyone ever hear from Molly/housekeeping?

Q

Comments (11)
    Oh geez amy, slap me upside the head, will you? I've been so overloaded and doing more glimpsing that focusing. I did the same thing, similar screen name, not Molly. I just sent her an email to let her know her online friends care and are inquiring after her. Didn't feel comfortable suggesting she come back and respond on the forums, figure being an old timer here, she'll come back when she's ready/able. ;-) If she doesn't post here but I do hear back via email, if there's anything Molly wants to pass along I'll let you know.
    ...See More

Does anyone ever hear from:

Q

Comments (3)
    There are so many that do not post any more, and I often wonder how they are. I pulled up the KT recipes the other day and saw so many that are no longer with us.
    ...See More
  • Jasdip
    11 years ago

I was thinking of her as well, Susan!!
    I didn't realize it was that recent, she had posted. It seems longer.

• alisande
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I agree, Jasdip--it seems much longer. Like I said, maybe I missed seeing those threads.

• jennmonkey
    11 years ago

Gardenweb banned her awhile ago because of a thread on Hot Topics, so she can't post here anymore (last I heard). She is doing well, spending time with her granddaughter. She's on FB and posts on other forums.

• alisande
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, Jenn. Hot Topics, where I thought anything goes? That must have been some thread. Glad to hear she's doing well.

• jennmonkey
    11 years ago

If I recall, it wasn't even that heated of a thread, I think that it was just her opinion was unpopular so maybe there were complaints? I can't remember exactly but I remember reading it and thinking it was ridiculous that she got banned because of it, especially at HT.

• maire_cate
    11 years ago

That's really too bad, she always brought an interesting viewpoint to the discussions here. I've looked at HT on several occasions -but it's not for me. I don't even enjoy reading it.

Carol - when you speak to her let her know that we miss her.

• YogaLady1948
    11 years ago

AWW Wildchild~~~no way she was banded she is a nice gal. My DD and I met here several years ago while we were in the San Jose area~~~WildChild is the reason I now take 3-4 mini vacations by myself! She told me she goes every year (at that time to either Morro Bay or Pismo Beach or maybe even another area up there)on a mini vaca by herself~~I was like WOW no way~~I wanna do that~~~and I went home told my DH what she did, said I am doing that!!! It took me a couple of more years after that to do it. Now it is 3-4X's a year, I just take a mini vaca not far but always by myself and so FUN!!

I think of WildChild every time I do it and thank her in my head;)

• chisue
    11 years ago

I MISS her! (Can we vote her back? Would she even come back?)

• carol_in_california
    11 years ago

I decided to email her instead.....we are both hearing impaired.
    She had a nice vacation......rainy off and on but enjoyed seeing friends and family and finding good food.
    She stays busy at home spending time with her immediate family. Mia is growing so fast!
    I am looking forward to seeing her down my way in the spring.

• cynic
    11 years ago

I miss the wild one too. Good conversations. Didn't always agree but always good conversations. I had a feeling that something stupid like this happened. Whining crybabies strike again. "Agree with me or I'll complain!!!!!" attitude yet again.
    I'm wondering if that's what happened to dillydally (sp?) too.

• sleeperblues
    11 years ago

I'm sad to hear this. WC and I disagreed on many topics, but I liked her intelligence. I also don't even like to read at HT--some of those people are downright scary.

• kacram
    11 years ago

I agree, Cynic!

• Lizzann_Ar
    11 years ago

I agree with both Cynic and sleeper, I get so angry at times when I read HT. I just want to scream at some of the posters that not everyone thinks the same way they do but they still have the right to voice their opinion. I have noted on several occasions they post about the hate in the world today and how their family is so well adjusted, they would do this, they would never do that, when their posts have the word HATE in it the most. Not everyone lives the lifestyle they do so therefore they should change their way of living.... I'm still feeling a little anger so I will stop here.

• YogaLady1948
    11 years ago

I really enjoyed reading HTopics during the election~I did not feel that many of them were haters. I only go once in a while now. The only thing that I had trouble with over there is the threads get so long~~~it is hard to read them all and keep my responses together.

PEACE Is the Season~~~

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    11 years ago

2nd time saying this---- you're not a private world. People can see what you say about Hot Topics. You're not really talking "behind their backs" (it's to their face. We all belong to all of these forums). I am sad to see wild leave Hot Topics, or this forum, or any other. I don't want anyone to leave. Sure there can be some narrow minded discussions. But tell me who isn't guilty of that at some point?

She's not the only one gone recently. Maybe things are getting more "particular" at GardenWeb headquarters?

• Lizzann_Ar
    11 years ago

Hey Rob, wasn't trying to talk behind anyone's back, I'm well aware they can see what is posted here, just stating my opinon.

• sleeperblues
    11 years ago

Really, Rob? You don't think we don't know that? But thanks for repeating it.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    11 years ago

Amazing

• dianamo_1
    11 years ago

Where is the Hot Topics forum??

Ooops...nevermind..I found it. Thanks.

This post was edited by dianamo_1 on Mon, Dec 17, 12 at 16:25

• Jodi_SoCal
    11 years ago

I miss WC because she was often the voice of reason on many a tough posts.

Jodi-

• Sue_va
    11 years ago

I read at HT almost every day. I live a very quiet life and I appreciate the diversity of opinions that I find there. Gives me a more balanced perspective.

I have never read anything there that "scared" me.

I remember reading WC's post, but being familiar with her style, I didn't give it a second thought, and I am surprised she was banned. Is it a fact that she was banned, or possibly was it one of those "if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen" things.

"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players...."

Sue

• jennmonkey
    11 years ago

Fact. Wildchild can definitely stand the heat. :)

• petra_gw
    11 years ago

I always liked reading her opinions even when I disagreed. Sure hope she'll come back.

• cynic
    11 years ago

Well put jennmonkey! LOL

Seems to me that people with common sense are often the target of those who can't deal with the real world and want to run this little portion of it.

• katlan
    11 years ago

I miss Wildchild also. I hope she comes back. I have never posted at HT. I've read it. That's enough.

I don't have a very high opinion of that board.

If she was banned, is it only for a certain amount of time, then she can come back?

If you're banned, do you think the other people on that board should be told who is banned, and why they have been banned?

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    11 years ago

It's against privacy laws to tell. I assume the person banned could probably send a message through someone else, but they'll never tell.

• User
    11 years ago

She is on another board.

• joyfulguy
    11 years ago

Does one's second childhood tend to be wilder than the first?

Surely we can have a tug of war on occasion ... without having the rope yanked around our neck - being noosed!

o j

• cynic
    11 years ago

Not in some folks opinion, Joyful! For a few, if you don't do what they want, think what they think or worship how and who they worship, you're cruel or bashing or some other nonsense! Some here just want silly, or maybe it's senile conversation!

• alisande
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Some here just want silly, or maybe it's senile conversation!

Oh, here we go again.

This is another example of something you might think, Cynic, but you don't have to (and shouldn't) say it.

• justlinda
    11 years ago

Oh so many on this board are sheeple....saying, repeating and going along with the crowd, yawn, yawn, yawn.

It's kind of refreshing to see someone's original thought posted, even if it goes against the grain. Can't we be adult enough to SKIP ON BY those posts that don't agree with our own philosophy?

Cynic, I don't always agree with what you post, but what you post is often food for thought. Thanks.

• alisande
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Can't we be adult enough to SKIP ON BY those posts that don't agree with our own philosophy?

If you're suggesting that my philosophy includes the thinking that it's mean-spirited and cruel to call members of this online community silly and senile, without provocation, you got that right. And no, I didn't want to "skip on by." I thought it was worth speaking up about. If that makes me less than adult in your eyes, so be it.

• golfergrrl
    11 years ago

Seems to me like it was a general comment about
    skipping by....although one should read everything
    to see other perspectives. That being said, Cynic said
    what he wanted to say and Alisande had her say. Take
    what you want from either or neither....but let them
    say what they wish. Not many people here really
    give their true opinions. "Yawn" nails it.

• justlinda
    11 years ago

Oh my goodness alisande, as if it's all about you! I was talking about this board in general. And, no alisande, I don't know (or care) what you read into my post. I have no more to add to this thread. What I said in my previous post says it all!

• kacram
    11 years ago

It came right after Alisande's post, which made it seem directed at her. If people with differing thoughts
    didn't post on a thread, there would BE no interesting
    conversations, there for adding to your yawn yawn yawn! lol

And yes, I do like nice, silly, jokes, crafts, ideas...
    I come here for entertainment, I get too much real life in
    real life. That doesn't mean I don't like other
    conversations, but often i don't post on those... as I
    said, too much real life in real life! lol

• cynic
    11 years ago

Wow. Perhaps some folks have been testing a few too many holiday cocktails? And for clarity, nobody in particular. Just pondering the possibilities.

And thank you justlinda. Always refreshing to see rational conversation, whether we agree or not. That's the point of a discussion. It's nice to see when people "get it"!

This post was edited by cynic on Sat, Dec 22, 12 at 19:29

• caroline94535
    11 years ago

Okay, this is a forum of mostly women, with a few brave, interesting, and well-balanced males thrown in for spice.

Still, I'm the only one to officially notice, and comment, that "Hot-darn; Rob is handsome!"

(This is said in a totally non-sexist, old-enough-to-be-his-mother, KT-friendly way!)

Oh, and I miss WildChild, too.

And Kat Wa, I agree with you totally; "I come here for entertainment, I get FAR too much real life in real life.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    11 years ago

Except, it's not my picture. I'm fully female

HA! Y'all are funny. He is good looking and much younger than I am!

• kayjones
    11 years ago

Robin, we just know you are beautiful - post a picture so we all can compliment you!

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    11 years ago

As you wish. I'm the taller one.

• kacram
    11 years ago

Hello rob333. Very nice to meet you and your handsome
    friend there! And I must add, that the picture you
    posted above is a little creepy! lol And you
    are WAY better looking! hahaa

• caroline94535
    11 years ago

Oh my! Do I feel like a silly-billy! LOL I saw the name "Rob;" I saw the photo of a man (who I still think is handsome) and I jumped to conclusions. It's one of my best sports events!

Ms. Rob, you and the little guy are a darling couple. I've been off the KT for so long I'm slipping. Time to play catch up.

• katlan
    11 years ago

Caroline, you just cracked me up. Rob you are so pretty.....and young! And your buddy there is a cutie pie.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    11 years ago

Caroline, you're ok in my book, as my best friends call me Rob. I just had to laugh that anyone would think I was male; they'd have to have never seen me. All girl!

That's my little fellar (LF, also my son). The exact same hair color ought to give that away ;) He is my best bud forever! I aint that young though, I look a good ten years younger than I am. I just had him fairly late in life, my miracle baby. He sure can make me feel as old as I am and then some. Teenagehood is sizing up to be fairly rocky (he's probably about 9 in that picture, not so any more), and even then, he's still my best bud.