Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My bunny :(

Posted by tami_ohio (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 20, 12 at 11:06

One of our bunnies, our black and white Sydney, crossed the rainbow bridge Tuesday evening. Her faithful friend, Sonny, sat by her side and watched over her. When she was gone, he licked her face a few times, and kept looking at us, like he was asking us to do something for her. She was 8 1/2 or 9 years old. DD has her son. We rescued her a few months after DD got him.

An aunt passed away last Thurs. We weren't close, but still is hard.

Tami

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My bunny :(

Tami -- Sorry for your sad news. Always seems worse in the midst of holiday 'cheer'.

o

Oh no! My pets are like my family...I'd be devastated if something happenned to them. I'm so sorry for the loss of your bunny...

o

I am so sorry, it's very hard to lose furries. And very sorry about your aunt as well.

o

I'm sorry, Tami

o

I'm so sorry about your sweet bunny and your aunt, whom I'm sure was sweet as well.

o

Earlier this week I was driving behind someone who had a bumper sticker that said, "Life's better with a bunny in it."

Sorry for you loss.

o

I am so sorry about your bunny xoxo she had a very long life thou and I'm sure she knew how much you loved her! We used to have a house bunny, BunBun, eventually he wanted to spend more and more time outside and we let him because it made him happy. My dog Sandy absolutely LOVED that bunny! ~ liz

o

awwww I sure am sorry for your loss. I had a bunny when I was younger and really loved that furball. She lived a nice long life she is in Bunny Heaven.

my sympathy for all of your lost ones.

o

Tami, I am sorry you had to experience these things - will say a prayer that you will find peace during this sad time.

o

I am so sorry. I know how much it hurts to lose one of our babies. Hugs!

o

HUGS HUGS

o

So sorry Tami.

o

Tami, I am so sorry for both of your losses.

Sue

o

I'm so sorry. My neighbor had bunnies as pets because his son had allergies. Their cage was outside. I also had a friend who kept a bunny in a New York City apartment.

o

Sending prayers for you.

o

Love is love. We greive when our loved ones die. I am so sorry for the pain you're in and the saddness of your loss.

o

So sad. And thank you for being a 'rescue mom'!
Condolences on the loss of your aunt, too.

o

Thank you all so much. Bob, your bumpersticker made me smile!

Seeing her missing in their house is the hardest, and knowing Sonny is missing her, tho he is doing better than I expected. He is currently sitting in DH's lap. We made sure we gave him time to say goodbye to her. The worst part is when DGS comes over. He has already lost one bunny the first week of school a year ago. And he loved her best of our two. DD was NOT looking forward to having to tell him. I know she is happy and healthy now, playing with all the other furkids, so that helps lots.

Tami

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here