SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jannie_gw

I'm Sick and Not Ready for Christmas

jannie
10 years ago

Remember I had a kidney transplant so I'm on immuno-suppressive medications. While my kidney is working fine, I have somehow caught a cold. I have an up and down fever, nasty cough and sore throat. I've been drinking lots of water to flush the toxins, and gargling with salt water but I feel like carp. I called my doctors who told me to rest and continue what I'm doing, get in touch with them if I feel any worse. So I'm mostly resting the last couple of days, getting lots of sleep and hoping I'll feel better soon. And I'm not near ready for Christmas! My husband was expecting a nice check from his former employer, it's a seasonal bonus to retirees. We were going to cash it and give the money to our 2 daughters. But the check hasn't arrived yet! I called his former employer and they say all checks were mailed last Monday December 16 and they can't send a replacement until December 31. So my girls may be getting IOUs for Christmas! I'm also behind in grocery shopping for Christmas Eve and Day. But I am on top of mailing cards, phoning relatives, and distributing gifts to friends and family outside our immediate family. Please whisper a prayer for me for a whole lot of healing and a final burst of energy to go last-minute food shopping. Sorry if this sounds whiny.

Comments (32)