Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
King Arthur's Flour----SALE

Posted by jude31 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 12, 12 at 10:35

I received an email from King Arthur's yesterday stating that, today and today only, they are having a first ever, never again special. To commemorate 12-12-12, they are offering 12cents shipping on all purchases over $12. Another real savings for me may be that there would be no sales tax as well. I have my order ready to send.

jude

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: King Arthur's Flour----SALE

I love King Arthur's Flour. They are a little more expensive than things like Amazon for some items like vanilla, so I usually only buy things that are exclusive to them. My favorites are the cake enhancer (won't bake without it anymore), the cocoa powder and the espresso powder. I also like the pre-cut parchment for sheet pans.

o

Thank you, Jude! I just placed an order.

o

Can you not buy KA at your grocery store?

o

Yes, susieque, you can buy their flour at the grocery store but OMG they have so much more than flour. All kinds of baking equipment, kitchen gadgets and on and on and on. Check out their website before midnight.

o

Thanks - I'm going to buy sour dough starter and a few other things too.

o

Ok, will do! Thanks for the info

o

I just looked at the website for the first time, and I'm thinking some of those mixes (key lime cheesecake bars, vanilla bean pound cake, etc.) might make nice gifts.

o

Susan - I hope you bought some. I ordered several to put in a gift basket and the price is right and much cheaper than Stonewall Kitchen mixes.

o

Chi83. Sorry I missed the ad about the sale, but I've looked at the cake enhancer before and wondered just how effective it was and what exactly it did. Tell me about your experience with it.

Thanks

o

King Arthur's has free shipping periodically but if I remember correctly the minimum order is usually something like $60, so I thought this was a good thing and apparently others thought so too. I confess, I ordered a good bit more than that.LOL

o

Maxmom, it makes the cake velvety and tender, and it seems to last longer without going stale. I notice a definite difference in the quality of the texture when I use it vs. when I forget to use it.

One thing I would caution is to sift it into your batter as it tends to clump and it's hard to get all the lumps out without over beating the batter. It's a bummer to have a big clump in your finished product but it's happened to me when I don't sift!

Also a little bit of their espresso powder in my chocolate cake does wonders.

Last night I made Guinness chocolate cupcakes with Baileys buttercream using King Arthur cocoa, flour, espresso powder and cake enhancer. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here