Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Project runway all stars. Spoiler

Posted by kat__wa (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 21, 12 at 10:34

I'm just watching the last one, and it's almost over.
I'm guessing Laura lost, or Ivy. After this commercial
I'll get the winner. The judges crack
me up. On Laura Kathleen's, and on or two others, they
kept saying "We've seen this one before" over and over.
Personally , I liked Laura's better. Yeah, the hem wasn't
so hot, or the fur. But really? Haven't they seen
Uli's look EVERY single runway? A basic shift dress with
lots of trim! lol I think they just like one designer
over another, nothing to do with the immediate dress. lol
I don't really care who wins. But seems like I like
Anthony Ryan's stuff a lot.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Project runway all stars. Spoiler

To me, Uli and Anthony Ryan are head and shoulders above the rest. With Emilio having frequent flashes of brilliance, interspersed with the occasional dud.

Laura K's outfit, for someone known for her supposedly excedptional construction skills was VERY poorly made last night (and my degree is in fashion design, so even through the tv, I can pick up flaws). It was very poorly fit--that crotch thing was appalling. The pressing was awful. The proportions with the fur jacket on didn't look good at all. Of course, that's only one person's opinion. I did like the color she used.

Had figured that the final would be Uli, LK, and Anthony Ryan and/or Emilio. Got that wrong, obviously, after last night.

Don't think either Joshua or Ivy have a shot at the final runway. But they could turn things around in the next week or so.

I find I don't like all-stars as much as the regular show, but then the next season may not be as good either, without MK. Shame to see him leaving

o

Isn't Kors just going to be gone for one season??? I think the finalists are all a bit boring because we have seen them all so much now and they don't have the amateur enthusiasm that they had in the original shows. I guess I am rooting for Anthony Ryan all though I wish he'd cut that damned mess on top of his head...Uli is probably going to win, she seems to be heads above the others but she has already won before so I guess I am hoping someone else wins. She is pretty much already established with a clientele...I wasn't unhappy with the results last night, LK seemed to think she was so much better than everyone else and it caught up with her last night.

o

I didn't realize MK was leaving. I looked forward to what he had to say about the designs, even though I didn't agree with everything he said. I like LK but there were things about her that bugged me - she was a little conceited, she pretty much only succeeded when she made a pants suit, and I felt compelled to lighten and tweeze her eyebrows. That super bleached blonde hair with those 2 black hairy slugs on her forehead... Yikes.

I'm not sure if Joshua has the taste level to win. I don't remember liking his designs very much in his season and thus far I haven't been impressed with him. Ivy had some good designs in her season but not really in all stars. She keeps comaining about hiw hard it is and how she just wants to give up. i'm not sure that she'll last much longer. I think the final 3 will be Anthony Ryan, Emilio and Uli. But we'll see...

o

Ruthie, Uli didn't win her year. Jeffrey S did, didn't he? I don't think they invite anyone back who actually won their year. And I do think Uli is this year's Mondo--the one they invited expecting to win, because they really deserved more than runner-up on their season.

o

they just keep saying that the others are doing the same thing, and ULI is the one that is doing the same thing over and over too. just throwing trim on a shift. it's pretty, but not any different from one week to the next. Yeah,
laura's pants were a hot mess. I did like the top though. She was the right one to go home, her or Joshua.

o

they just keep saying that the others are doing the same thing, and ULI is the one that is doing the same thing over and over too. just throwing trim on a shift. it's pretty, but not any different from one week to the next. Yeah,
laura's pants were a hot mess. I did like the top though. She was the right one to go home, her or Joshua.

o

I'm tired of them bringing back previous contestants. I know their styles and agree with the judges comments about "we've already seen this from you" and in some cases it's week after week. I'm ready for some fresh faces.

I am rooting for Anthony Ryan.

o

The judges for All Stars are Georgina and Isaac. Michael Kors and Nina Garcia are the resident judges for Project Runway. They don't do cross overs because they want to maintain the distinction between the two.

o

Yarn lover, we know this,,people were just saying they were sorry to see Michael Kors leave the regular show. He has been replaced by Zac Posen.

o

Yes, yarnlover, I was talking about Michael Kors leaving the regular show--which will be starting in Jan.

It only makes sense that they'd have a different 'staff' for the All-stars show--it would hardly be fair otherwise.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here