SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

Up on the rooftop - Turkeys Claws

caroline94535
9 years ago

My neighbor came over for our weekly "Tea and BBC" fest yesterday afternoon. She had looked out of her living room window earlier and saw some of the the wild turkeys at the back corner of my house - and up on the roof!

There is a tall, scraggly crabapple tree at the corner of the sun room. It's far too close to the house. Wes is constantly having to unclog that run of guttering. We have not pruned or removed the unsightly tree because it has such a gorgeous blossom display in the Spring and the migrating Cedar Waxwings devour the tiny "apples" in Summer and fall.

She said six or seven of the turkeys flew up into the tree, and onto the roof where it overhangs, and were eating the tiny frozen crabapples. Wes said he hopes they got all of them out of the guttering.

I did not see them myself, but Neighbor would not fib. She was so excited when she told me.

I insisted that next time she sees something so odd going on - especially on top of my roof - to call me immediately so I can get photos.

I can't wait to see them up there. My bird watching group will have a good laugh if I manage to pictures.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH