SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

Good Morning!

Kathsgrdn
11 years ago

Howdy everyone! It's ice cold here in Kentucky. I just put a quiche in the oven...crustless with mushrooms, onions and ham...yum.

I have a few more gifts to get and then I'll be done. We're celebrating our Christmas on the weekend before since I have to work on Christmas day. The kids usually spend Christmas eve with their father's family so I picked up overtime Christmas Eve.

Speaking of work, big changes are coming to our unit. Our manager is leaving. This will make manager #5 when the new one comes...if a new one comes. There have also been 1- 1.5 year periods where we had no actual manager and were just covered by another nurse manager from another unit. We are also going back to telemetry. Not looking forward to that. 6 more years before I can retire....lol.

Lauren is sick again. She had mono last year and they told us she would probably get sick alot for a while as her immune system would be weak. Well, they weren't kidding. Second time in two months. Whooping cough is in most of the schools in our little town right now so they tested her for it last night when I took her to the doctor..or NP. She was a new one and looked barely older than Lauren.

Well, Lauren just came out and said she wanted me to take her to school as soon as she got ready. She got her heart broken last night. Her boyfriend came over to break up with her. ) : She's cried her eyes out all night long. I guess she's feeling better.

So, guess I have to get dressed now. I woke up with a massive headache this morning but took a couple Tylenol and it's gone. I've been sneezing too, hope I don't have what Lauren's got.

My only day off during the week, not including the weekend...going to do my Christmas cards (maybe) and go out and get a couple more gifts. Maybe....lol. Do laundry. Mail a package. Was supposed to work this weekend but I requested it off so I could go to the CIEE (exchange program) Christmas party since I missed the last two because I had to work. Of course they decided not to have one this year!!! Lauren and her friends are going to my hospital to sing Christmas carols this Saturday. Hopefully she won't still be sick. They've been practicing and are excited about doing it.

What are your plans for the day?

Comments (3)