SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jannie_gw

Prayers Requested

jannie
9 years ago

I phoned my cousin Dianne to wish her happy holidays and got bad news- her mother Joyce is in the rehab hospital (yet again). She fell at home, hit her head and lost 3 pints of blood. She's now got dementia and needs tons of physical therapy. She hates the rehab place and will only do her physical therapy if one of her daughters is present.The rehab hospital plans to send Joyce home next Thursday, with the proviso someone will stay with her at all times (Joyce is a widow). Looks like Dianne will be moving in with her Mom- maybe just as well since Dianne can't find a job at age 63 after years and years of work as a secretary/administrative assistant/ computer entry person. And my other cousin, Joyce's sister Judy has been diagnosed with breast cancer. It's so far advanced the docs aren't even treating her. They offered chemo, radiation and surgery but she just wants to die at home. I'm so sad thinking about this branch of my family. Joyce has been a second mother to me. To top it off, her 83rd birthday is Christmas Day!

Comments (10)