Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
adjusting baking times for smaller loaves

Posted by sooey (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 22, 12 at 10:12

Hi Kids,

Today I am baking some banana bread but I want 3 small loaves and not one large loaf. How do I adjust the time? One large loaf calls for 90 minutes in the oven...this is a dense bread.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

sooey

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: adjusting baking times for smaller loaves

I just did this with banana bread and pumpkin bread. I baked it at the temperature it called for and set the timer for 20 minutes (I was making 4 small pans.) It took mine about 28 minutes. I tested it with a toothpick.

o

This is what I follow for my pumpkin bread:

2 regular loaves or 4 mini.
Temp: 350
Baking time for 2 loaves 50-60 *mine is ready in 50
Mini loaves: 40-45 * mine 40

o

Hi Kids,

Excellent, thank you both for your help.

I am making cranberry bread and choc chip banana bread. I found one site that said to bake at the same temp but at 3/4 the total time. That sounds like about how it works out for you, Glenda. I will test with a toothpick but if I hit a choc chip or a bit of banana it messes up the pick.

One site I found said that the internal temp on a thick dough bread should be 190*. I've never gone by temp but that would sure make it easier to figure out.

Thanks again, Kids. Nothing like hearing it from folks who have had the experience.

sooey

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here