SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maybee_gw

Cancer

maybee_gw
11 years ago

Not wishing to high jack DollyDot's previous posting on "Cancer Cure" I decided to start this one to answer a question that was asked me there. At the time I had kidney cancer, there were NO treatments for it other than surgery. I think they "do" have some chemo that slows it down now. I had the surgery and they felt that they got all of my cancer and the surrounding tissue was clear...that's been twelve years ago. There is always a little worry in the back of one's mind, though..because kidney cancer is very deadly, and usually isn't found as early as mine was. (I still worry some). Anyway, there were no special instructions for me except to "go on with life".....I have a friend who recently went through chemo for breast cancer. They found her cancer very early, but she still had to have chemo because some of her blood work came back positive when they wanted it to be negative for cancer. I was very interested in the instructions they gave her during this treatment. Some of which were: No grapes (you can't get them clean enough to eat)...no luncheon meats...no lettuce (again because of the cleanliness) and no buffets. Also there were some kinds of cheeses that she wasn't to eat...these are just a few of the things I remember her telling me. I'm thinking they wanted her to avoid preservatives (possibly) in some foods and cleanliness was a big issue...and she was to stay out of large groups of people.

Comments (23)