Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I made a few KT recipes...YUM!

Posted by woodsy1 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 17, 12 at 9:19

We had the kids and grands yesterday for our annual Christmas celebration. I made the Cinnamon Baked French Toast that Joann fla posted here:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchentable/msg120832246196.html

I also made Glenda's Pistachio Cranberry Icebox Cookies and Chi83's Chocolate Toffee Cookies from this thread:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchentable/msg1116400724080.html

Thank you so much, ladies for these incredible recipes. Everyone enjoyed them all very much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I made a few KT recipes...YUM!

Glad you had a wonderful Christmas gathering with your family and they enjoyed the special treats you prepared.

Always great to share the holidays with your family!

o

That's good to know, I may make the french toast for a New Years breakfast. I am so stuck on the "ultimate Breakfast Casserole"

o

I can't seem to start my own post and I have a recipe I wanted to share...

(I can hit preview and nothing comes up after that.)
(I've hit refresh but that doesn't work either)

So I hope you don't mine if I share it here.

SALTED CARAMEL PECAN BARS

1 cup chopped pecans
12 whole graham crackers
1 cup firm packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter
2 T whip cream
1 t vanilla
1/4 t kosher salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Bake pecans in a shallow pan 10 mins
stir half way through.
Line a 15 x 10 inch jelly pan with foil
lightly grease foil.
arange crackers on foil
Combine sugar , butter, and cream in a med size, heavy pan.
Bring to a boil over med. heat. stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat.

Pour butter mixture over crackers. spread to coat

Bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 11 mins
or until brown and bubbly.
Cover with dark choc. chips (this part can be omited if you don't want choc)
Imediately sprinkle with kosher salt
Cool and cut with knife

o

2 tbsp. of whip cream..clarify this please..do you mean whhipping cream..or cream that has been already whipped? sounds yummy will try this for sure. thanks

o

whipping cream ...not whipped....sorry
I was hoping there would be something else I could use...I hated to buy a container of whipping cream just for 2 tbsp.

o

Pattico if I find a recipe needing only 2 or three tablespoons I usually buy the smallest container and if I am not going to whip up the rest for a shortcake or sundaes I freeze it. In two tbsp or three as the recipe calls for, I put it in an ice cube tray until frozen and pop them all in a small airtight plastic container. Then I take out as much as I need and will let it thaw in the fridge, only takes a little while and whisk it as it looks separated a bit, but there is no difference in the flavor or texture when used in a recipe.(or else keep making that recipe you posted in multiple batches until it is gone cause it looks yummy!!!)

o

where do the chopped pecans go...on top of the graham crackers or on top of the caramel sauce?

o

Glenda, it was so kind of you to respond, especially when your son was in surgery. I'm glad it went well!

Joann, you won't be sorry if you make the french toast. I forgot to mention that I increased the cinnamon to a full tablespoon. I'm keeping the Ultimate Breakfast Casserole recipe for Easter. Thank you for it!

Pattico, thanks for sharing your pecan bar recipe. They look downright dangerous!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here