SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
softball_80

Describe Christmas morning at your house

softball_80
12 years ago

Whe I was a kid the 4 of us went to bed and there would be no tree, trains or any decorations. When we woke up and went downstairs there would be the whole shebang - tree, trains, platform with track and the little houses, cars and farm animals as well as the Christmas gifts. Mom & Dad must have stayed up half the night assembling wagons, bikes, etc. We'd play with them for a while and then get dressed for church. I have a very few snapshots from those days.

When I got married and had kids of my own we weren't quite that ambitious. The tree and decorations were up well ahead of time. After the kids were down for the night my in laws would come by with the presents. We used to hide the kid's gifts at their house to be sure they weren't discovered. Also we went to church on Christmas eve. I videotaped them coming down the stairs and opening their presents every year. I got around to burning tose tapes onto DVDs a few years ago - something I strongly suggest you do if you haven't already, as I've said in the past. My parents and in laws would come by for a Christmas breakfast of bacon eggs and pancakes. Those were the days!

I'm now the grandparent of a 15 month old. The tentative plan is to open our own gifts (2 daughters still live with us) and then go over to DD#1s house to see little Jimmy open his. He's still a little young to know what's going on but I'm looking forward to it just the same.

Yours?

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!