Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rod Serling's Carol for Another Christmas

Posted by Sue-va (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 19, 12 at 8:57

I did a search to see if the movie would be shown again and found this.

That URL isn't working. The date is Dec 22, 4ish o'clock.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Carol

This post was edited by Sue-va on Wed, Dec 19, 12 at 9:01

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rod Serling's Carol for Another Christmas

I saw the last half hour or so, very weird, Peter Sellers popped up at the end as "Me". Both my hubby and one of his sisters are fascinated with A Christmas Carol. They say the best version is !951 with Alastair Sim.

o

Rod Serling's show was always to creepy and scary for me.
I'm sure I wouldn't have watched this one! lol

o

We caught it this past Sunday. It started out with a lot of promise, but quickly turned into an ad for the UN. We all agreed we were glad to have seen it, that it was an important show to watch, but it was definitely disappointing in both the creepy and plot depts. I'd heard it was a really good, creative version. Well it was different, and filmed very well.

One you really have to watch yourself to evaluate.

o

I agree, very very different than what I expected. Kind of interesting to see the mind set at the time. What was Scrooge's character's name in this adaptation? Grudge? Grunge? I could never quite catch it. I thought he was very stiff, would have like to have seen another actor in his place. Yeah, Peter Sellers! That was weird. And I saw the actress who played opposite Cary Grant in North By Northwest as the WAC? she was in uniform but I never quite understood whom she was suppose to represent.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here