SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oklamoni

How to Renew and Restore Your Mind

OklaMoni
16 years ago

does anyone get the emails from "every day cheapskate"? This was in today's mailings.

Recently I heard from a woman who was extremely negative. Her very long letter revealed her life philosophy: If I donÂt expect anything good to happen, I wonÂt be disappointed when it doesnÂt!

She told me of all the devastating things that had happened to her over the years. She was afraid to believe anything good might happen. Since her thoughts were all negative, so was her life.

Maybe youÂre like that woman. YouÂre avoiding hope to protect yourself from being hurt. Let me tell you something: Your negative attitude is setting you up for negative behaviors, and thatÂs setting you up for a negative lifestyle. Everything becomes negative because your thoughts are negative.

I want you to think about the tremendous power your thoughts have over your life. If you are forever thinking negatively, you will manage to make yourself miserable. You have 100 percent control over your thoughts. You can focus on whatÂs wrong or you can be thankful for whatÂs right. Your actions are a direct result of your thoughts.

If youÂre thinking negatively youÂre going to act that way and make negative decisions. The converse is true as well. Force yourself to think positive thoughts, refuse to look on the dark side of any issue or action, search for whatÂs right about your life right now and focus on it. YouÂll be surprised how quickly your behavior begins to change.

ItÂs called renewing your mind. If you are habitually negative, this is going to be quite a challenge. But you can do it, I know you can. Want to practice? Send me an email. Tell me ten good things about your life today, right now.

CanÂt think of even one thing? Well, you did wake up this morning. You are breathing. Your mind is clear enough to find the computer keyboard or a piece of paper. You do have some method by which to press those keys or manipulate a writing instrument. You have sufficient eyesight to read this column.

Your mind is processing at a level necessary to understand the written word. You do have the proper muscles in your face to turn your mouth into a smile. Try it right now, even if you are convinced you have absolutely nothing to smile about.

How are you doing? Have you reached ten yet? Okay, so cheat. Start by using my list above. Write the reasons IÂve just given you, making each one personal to you. Then end each with an exclamation mark.

ItÂll change your day.

Moni again

Some days some really good ones come in to my inbox from there. But, you have to sign up to get anything from them.

Moni

Here is a link that might be useful: Every Day Cheapskate

Comments (6)