Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
$50 off $100 purchase-Would you be tempted?

Posted by chemocurl (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 23, 12 at 7:06

Having recently signed up with Elder Beerman to 'maybe' make a purchase on line, and to receive emails announcing specials and sales, today I got an email with a coupon for $50 off of a purchase of $100 or more, in store only. Certain restrictions apply.

If you had the time, a store near you, and nothing specific planned for the day, would you be tempted to go and browse the store, and maybe use the coupon?

I really like EB, but find them a bit pricey, and I usually only find and buy 'sale items' there. I've been meaning to shop for sheets, a toaster, and a coffee maker and bet I could rack up a $100 purchase pretty quickly. What I was considering maybe buying on line was the LivingQuarters Faux Fur. I bought six last year, love mine, and gave several as gifts. They are soooooo soft and warm and have held up well after washing.

So...would you be tempted to at least go and browse? I'm not an impulse buyer and try to always buy things that are 'needed' or that will truly be useful or loved.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: $50 off $100 purchase-Would you be tempted?

Sure, if they had a store in my area.

o

I'm not familiar with EB - but I would be tempted to go if I thought it would be worth my time.

Sundance Catalog sent me a $50.00 off coupon - it was a "Where have you been? Here's $50.00 to spend?" I promptly went online and ordered a pair of $56.00 earrings for my daughter and the $6.95 for shipping. I thought it was a good deal.

o

It's good to see I'm not alone then. I also thought of a couple of other things I need to buy/replace, if I find what I really like...bras, throw rugs, good drying dish towels, etc. Maybe a nice all purpose cardigan sweater.

Forgot to add...WOW maire_cate, what a deal!

This post was edited by chemocurl on Sun, Dec 23, 12 at 7:49

o

No, I've bought all my gifts early, there's nothing I need.

o

We have an EB nearby. I like them & as you do, I buy "on sale". Sooo YES if there were things I could use such as you mentioned, absolutely, if I had the time & space on the credit card, I would take them up on the offer. Go for it!

o

Without a second thought.

o

Probably not, I don't like to shop except online.

o

I have been boycotting EB for a year or so due to their coupons. Too many restrictions on what you can use the coupon on for me.
I have found that most of the items that you can apply the coupon to are way over priced and I can get about the same price elsewhere without jumping through hoops!
I am probably cutting off my nose to spite my face but I will not shop EB again.

o

Not without knowing more. This is no different than buy our as seen on the boob tube item and we'll send you another one FOR FREE!!!! (just pay extra inflated postage)

Just because something is "on sale" doesn't make it a good deal. "X"% off and all the other gimmicks. Mark something up $100 and give you $50 off isn't a good deal. Especially in a place apparently noted for being overpriced. Plus put some "limits" on it, probably something like "regular priced items only" would also be a red flag.

I might look at what's available but I'm experienced enough to know that solid gold bargains often are doo-doo with imitation gold leaf on them so I certainly wouldn't rush into it.

o

Here one of the stores are advertising this also, but I have learned to ask ahead of time it they will honor it on what I want and they usually will say no, that is not covered. That is one reason, I do very little buying at Herberger's there coupons just are a joke.

o

My answer is yes~~If the store is near you it is worth a whirl through it and look~~~if you do not need anything, think about gift giving during the year or this could be a presnt you buy for Christmas next year. I read all coupons carefully and use them a lot. I am a big shop ahead person and would diffenitly check this out;)

o

Well they are sure giving me the bum's rush here today via email to get to their store to shop.

Another coupon
Extra 20% off blah, blah, blah and
Extra 15% off Home Store and Luggage (and I am interested in a piece, if it is priced right)
Extra 10% off blah, blah.

And another 20% off, blah, blah, blah...excludes blah, blah, blah.

Cannot be used in conjunction with blah, blah, blah.

o

absolutely if you have the time and easily accessible why not give it a go.

o

Well the plans are made and I'm meeting a friend first for a late dinner at 7:45 and then we will shop. Hopefully going that late will translate to the crowds being a bit thinner.

I'll let you know if I snag any needed items that are good bargains.

Sue

o

OMG! You couldn't pay me enough to park and go into a store today. I hate to shop anyway, but today...

Enjoy your dinner and hopefully, as you said, it will be easier going later.

And those really are nice blankets at a great price. But not today, thanks.

o

Well we ate a nice dinner at Red Lobster and got to EB about 9.

We parked in back and went in the entrance to Housewares. There were 2 other cars in that lot. The store was nearly empty of shoppers and I ended up with 5 of the soft throws, a set of sheets, and a piece of luggage.

The real downer was the music they had playing and the volume. It wasn't traditional Christmas music and little of it was even Holiday music at all. Quite annoying, but I resisted complaining to anyone, since there is usually no way to get it turned down. Why do stores assume I am going to like listening to their choice of music? Why isn't it more 'background' music like the ole Elevator music used to be?

It was a good evening out with a friend.

o

Well I got another email from EB today with another coupon for $50 off of a $100 purchase. After a lot of browsing last night, I won't be utilizing it today as they don't have anything else I want or need.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Sue

o

I'd be there in a heartbeat!
I'm a Fiesta ware addict and they carry it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here