Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's not just the Winter Solstice

Posted by cynic (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 21, 12 at 1:38

It's Humbug Day, Underdog Day (for the root for "underdogs", not the cartoon hero), Hamburger Day and the ever-popular National Flashlight Day!

Just one celebration after the other!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It's not just the Winter Solstice

Isn't this the day the world ends??? Can I stay in my robe until then???

o

That's right, today is the end of the world. Sooooo, I guess I'll wait til tomorrow to run the sweeper, clean the bathroom, etc. haha

o

The radio just played REM's "The End of the World As We Know It."

o

I knew that was coming up but I didn't recall when exactly it was "supposed" to happen. I can think of a few people here who would be ecstatic if it did! :)

Now on to HUMBUG!

o

Yes indeed the end is near! Did those Mayans tell us what time we would perish? I want to get all my chores done, and I want to be sitting down when it happens!

Flashlight day! Oh boy I love flashlights I will be sure to turn them on today.

o

Well I'm going to celebrate! We'll cook dinner for a a couple of underdog heroes in our neighborhood. We'll have hamburgers with humbugs for dessert. We'll serve the meal after dark and use flashlights for the mood lighting.

Sounds like a party to me. The End of the World can arrive just before I clean up the kitchen.

o

Oh, man -- I'd better hurry up and shower. I don't want to be going to the next world with my hair looking like this -- and have a 'bad hair day' for all eternity!

o

LOL, Pammyfay! I've had a bad hair day all my life--maybe in the next one it'll be thick and curly :-) Well, one can hope.

I read the end was supposed to happen at 6:33. Didn't happen and then I waited for it to be 6:33 in CA. Didn't happen. Pretty sure it said 6:33 a.m. Hmm!

Caroline, I like the way you think!

o

I read an article in a yoga magazine, a professor from India said it could mean, Yes the end of the world as we know it, but not the end end. So I guess maybe there will be a big shift in power or climate or $$ or maybe all wars will stop and we will finally have what I wish for every year~~~~
World PEACE

o

I am going to think and believe that there will be a shift. and that it will be a positve force in the world...

o

I'll drink to that.

o

Says the snarky guy ... on winter solstice ... that started at 6:15 a.m. or (Easetern) on Fri. Dec. 21, 2012.

I think that I'm still here - how about you?

The Rifle Boys have just come out with a suggestion that the only way to stop a crazy with guns killing kids in a school ...

... is to have a good guy with a gun protecting them.

So ... we need an armed guard in every school!

That should be a big help - cut the unemployment rate from 9% or so to about -15% - -25%!

And push the country, already on the verge of bankruptcy ...

... over the edge.

Oh, no - no need of anything as drastic as that ... we'll just rev up the printing presses even more, to kick out more dollars, to pay 'em!

ole joyful

o

Pammyfaye,you made me LOL.Thanks for the chuckle.
Kathi

o

I changed underwear too. Mama always said wear clean underwear in case the world ends. Sure don't wanna disappoint Mama.

Caroline, may I join the party? You know I'm an underdog humbug. (Not bird nor plane nor even gimmick, just little ol' me, your resident Cynic.) I'll bring flashlights & burgers. Got some new LED flashlights to try out so they'll last a long time in case there's a delay due to "endoftheworld cliff" negotiations. Now someone will think I'm picking on Mr. Clavin.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here