SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joann23456

I have become my parents!

joann23456
11 years ago

My sister and my niece asked me what I wanted for Christmas this year. We always give each other short lists of ideas, though no one feels like they *have* to choose from those lists. Most years, I have no problem coming up with a few reasonably-priced suggestions. Not this year.

Here's my Christmas list:
- Revlon metal nail file
- My favorite face cream
- Book of stamps
- Toe covers (like Peds, but without the heel)

Boy, am I pathetic! Well, not really. It's just that I have everything I need and much of what I want, and the things I want and don't have are just too expensive. (A trip to Prague? A new roof for the house?) I'm past the stage where I'm happy to receive pretty candle holders and other assorted decorative stuff (I'm trying to get rid of those things, not acquire more!), I don't need more sweaters, and I'm trying hard not to eat those delicious cookies everyone makes. And, while I like gifts, they were never the point of Christmas, for me.

I remind me of my mother, who asked for a roll of quarters every years. Soon, I'll become my dad, who used to say, "All I want is to see your beautiful smile." (Wait, I may already be there ... I asked my niece to take a hike with me for my birthday!)

Maybe there's hope for me yet, though. I also asked for a round of laser tag.:)

Comments (13)