Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Older Messages

Posted by shefsf (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 3, 12 at 23:52

Beneath each day's 30 posts there are older posts that can be read, going back to July, 2012. How can I access the messages posted before last July? I find the posts and discussions to be very interesting, and I would like to read old posts previous to July.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Older Messages

GardenWeb does not archive. Once they drop off - they are pretty much gone.

Sometimes you can find something via google, but sometimes that also leads to a blank page.

I think if someone has "clipped" a post - it is then archived.

o

Maybe if you ask on here for the subject that you're seeking, someone may have saved it, whether archived or not.

I often copy stuff and take it home ... but it would be a bit of a job to retype it, though in some situations folk might be able to scan it.

o j

o

Just post what you are looking for an someone might have it or the orignal poster can help. I have a bunch of old stuff at the KTGP, it could be saved there too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

I thought they posted a while back that the older posts *are* still available now but you essentially need to search for it and find it, then you can access it and post to it. But maybe it was a just a dream.

Try searching and asking. You might get some help. And might get different opinions than originally posted too. Sometimes there's updated info that can be of use to you.

o

I think the OP is asking how to retrieve older messages, because of the interesting topics and general good time we have here.

He won't know what to search for, in that case. Since there is no archive held anywhere, he won't be able to read past pages.

o

Hi shefsf,

I have two KT things bookmarked. The first in the link below has 14 links to various older funny threads.

The second on I have is also on the Funny thread keeper. It is called dogs in elk & is one of the most hilarious things I've ever read. It's old, from Sept '99, & was posted by a woman whose husband brought back an elk carcass from hunting. It's at: Dogs in elk, http://www.webtree.ca/tree/keeper/dogs_in_elk.htm

Here is a link that might be useful: Funny KT thread keeper

o

all that sort of stuff is saved at the KTGP for all that want it.
*Click the cup above

o

Joann, every time I go to that site, I am amazed at the content - you've done an amazing job, Lady Bug - THANK YOU!

o

There is also the Wayback Machine or just type Gardenweb Forums Kitchen Table into Google and that will also bring up some older posts.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wayback Machine

o

That Wayback Machine is amazing! I'm adding it to the KTGP for save keeping. Thanks Cherryfizz

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here