Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone schedule USPS to pick up packages?

Posted by chemocurl (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 13, 12 at 22:29

Whew...what a chore getting the postage printed and all 4 items to print on a scan form.

I had a problem scheduling the pick-up for tomorrow. If I remember correctly I had the same exact problem the last time I scheduled a pick-up. Anyway, when I go to fill in the number of Priority packages to be mailed, there is an existing 0 (zero) in the box. I attempt to delete it and it won't delete. When I type in 4 (four), it types it in front of the zero, making it 40 Priority packages to be picked up. There is just no way, that I can find to get that zero gone out of the box. I went ahead and scheduled it for 40 parcels, and made a note of what happened and that I only had 4 boxes to go out. I asked also that someone report the problem as it has happened before. I'm sure my carrier will know that I don't have 40 boxes for her.

Anyway, is there something that I am maybe missing? Does anyone else successfully schedule pick-up on line?

I even went and read how to Modify/Cancel a pick-up and those directions didn't work either. I could just scream when it does that.

Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone schedule USPS to pick up packages?

Now get this...before I even finished scheduling the pick-up I was asked if I would complete a survey about my scheduling a pick-up experience.

Welllll.....they asked me how pleased I was, and I explained why I was not pleased and gave them a 1 out of 5. They asked me how pleased I was with the package pick-up. Well, that also got a 1 out of 5 since it has not been picked up yet. When asked if it had been picked up, I replied NO. Was that a trick question, or what? Were they expecting me to lie? So then they wanted to know why I had given them just a 1 out of 5 on the pick-up portion. Silly, silly, silly USPS.
Do they not know what they are doing or what?

o

I do it every time I sell on eBay and haven't had a problem yet. It's such a great service.

o

I agree. It is a great convenient service to have my boxes picked up here at home, since I don't get into town all that often.

I just tried again to schedule a pick-up, looking for a link or something I might have missed and don't find anything. I wish I could get a knowledgeable USPS employee on the phone to walk me through it, but from what I've found in the past, they just read instructions that are the same as I can find on their site.

I might try and see if there is a local PO employee who can walk me through it. I'll post later if I found out what I am overlooking.

It's good to know that it works fine for you Joann.

o

Well I just called my local PO and they gave me a number for Consumer Affairs for this region. They said I'd have to leave a message, but that 'someone' would call me back.

On a hunch I just tried calling the 1-800-ASK-USPS number and after answering 7 questions with the voice response recorder, (what a waste of time) was told that I needed to speak to an agent and that the office was closed. They then gave me the hours that agents are available.

Ok, so I just call called the # I was given for the Regional Consumer Affairs office and got a fast busy signal on it.
I called my local PO back, and this time they looked the number up and found that the number they gave me was wrong, and now they no longer have a toll free number...sigh. I just called and left a message with Consumer Affairs asking that someone call me back.

And so the saga continues. Nothing should be this frustrating. After 5 phone calls I am now waiting for someone to return my call.

Anyone want to place bets on whether or not they call me?

Any bets on how long it will be before someone calls? I'm betting it will be tomorrow or Friday.

Any bets on whether or not they can actually walk me through the pick-up scheduling process and see just why their system won't let me 'zero out' the quantity box for the number of boxes to be picked up? ie why I can't schedule it for 1 box as opposed to 10 boxes, or for 4 boxes as opposed to 40 boxes.

grrrr.......

Photobucket

o

I just tried this, so I know it works. When you are at the quantity box and your cursor is on the right side of the zero, BACKSPACE, and the zero will disappear. Then you can type in any number you want.

o

When you are at the quantity box and your cursor is on the right side of the zero, BACKSPACE, and the zero will disappear.

Fun2BHere,

Photobucket
You are my hero! Whenever clearing info in a form box, I had always been going to the left of it and deleting, or highlighting and then deleting. Wow...who knew it was so simple and could only be accomplished that one way? Amazing! I'm thrilled!

Thank you!

Sue

o
RE:Forgot to add... Anyone schedule USPS to pick up packages?

I knew if there was a solution to the problem that I could probably find here at the KT a lot faster and with less stress than having someone from the USPS actually help me.

I'll still try and remember to post if/when someone calls me back and 'if' they can and will walk me though it with the simple explanation provided above.

Cheers!

o

I have sent many a Priority Mail package.
I have never had a problem with printing or with the pick up itself.

o

Cute gif, Chemocurl. Thank you.

o

You're sure welcome.

o
RE: Ok...update on someone getting back with me

Any bets on how long it will be before someone calls? I'm betting it will be tomorrow or Friday.
Yes, I got a call just a little while ago.

Any bets on whether or not they can actually walk me through the pick-up scheduling process and see just why their system won't let me 'zero out' the quantity box for the number of boxes to be picked up? ie why I can't schedule it for 1 box as opposed to 10 boxes, or for 4 boxes as opposed to 40 boxes.
She was not familiar herself with the on-line pick up scheduling process, but was aware there was such a thing. She 'did' understand what I told her about how there was just the one way to 'zero out' the number of packages box. She said she would write up an order and forward it on about the situation. We both agreed that it would be simplest if the boxes were just left empty (blank) until the consumer filled in a quantity.
She was very nice, and came across as a quality USPS employee.

Sue...over and out

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here