SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kfca37

Made in Japan...

kfca37
9 years ago

I was in a very nice high-end gift/boutique store a few weeks ago, and saw an item stamped "made in Japan". After seeing "made in China" on so many items recently, I was surprised to see that (except for vehicles, camera equipment, tech stuff, etc,) This item sold for $22. I can recall going to the first "Cost Plus" store in the eventual chain, which was located around San Francisco's Fishermen's Wharf in the early 1960ties, which had a heavy "Made in Japan" representation back then.

I was just thinking about imported items while washing out my dog's "winter-made-in-China-coat". My first purchased imports were both from 1957 & bought in Michigan. One was a lovely lambswool "wheat-colored" sweater set that I purchased from some Scottish sisters who opened a small retail store there, & imported women's clothing goods from their native country, and the other was a wonderful "Made in Germany" heavy cotton & lined tan Spring coat. I loved that coat, and got many compliments on it. I also recall it cost $42, which was a lot for a non-wool coat back then.

Comment (1)