Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Heart is Breaking

Posted by samkaren (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 1, 12 at 20:44

my sweet little Dusty is not going to make it. Last night he wasn't eatting much and was softly meowing. Today he ate even less so I called the vet. His system is failing so DH and I have decided to put him down Saturday morning. He is sleeping by my feet at the moment and looks so small and frail.

I will miss my "little one" but I know that when he closes his eyes for the last he will know how much we love him and he will join his brother EKO at Rainbow Bridge.

SamKaren
your resident DJ

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Heart is Breaking

Oh, SamKaren, that is so sad to hear, but know you are doing the right thing. I so regret not doing so with one of my cats.....saddens me yet that I didn't let her go when she was so ill.

o

So sorry, I know how hard it is and will be thinking of you and your little Dusty.

o

Sending hugs your way. I know how much this hurts. Run free, sweet Dusty.

o

I am so sorry. I know how much you love Dusty, but sometimes it's more loving to say goodbye. And Dusty will be delighted to once again be with Eko.

o

I'm so sorry for your loss. Rest well, little Dusty.

o

thanks everyone.
He just drank a big bowl of water and did use his literbox. I had to help him to it as his legs aren't strong anymore. I put him on my lap and he fell asleep for a half hour. Right now he is sleeping on my chair...his little head is tucked under his paw. I hope he is dreaming of EKO.

SamKaren
your resident DJ

o

I amm so so sorry it is just so stinking hard.That is why I do not want any more.(((((HUGS)))))

o

Karen, I'm so sorry for what you and your DH are going through. It's so hard on us, to have to do the right thing and end their suffering.

My heart aches for you and Dusty.

(((Karen, DH and Dusty))))

o

I so very sorry, karen.

o

Just sending hugs to you, for a very difficult decision.

o

Such a difficult time. We who have given our hearts to furry friends know exactly what you are going through. (((((((samkaren, DH and Dusty))))

o

I'm so sorry.

Bless you, little Dusty.

& bless you, SamKaren.

o

I am so sorry to hear about your little Dusty. It is such a hard thing to go through.

Sue

o

I'm so sorry Karen.

o

I am so sorry. You gave little Dusty all your love and he knows that...we love them so much, and it's very hard to let them go.

o

My sincere condolences. I remember you posting about Dusty before, and when I saw your subject line, my heart dropped. Those of us who know what it is to lose a beloved pet can certainly empathize with you.

o

I'm so very sorry, Karen.
Hugs to you, and a give a gentle one to Dusty for me...

o

Oh I know how heartbreaking this is. Pets are our family members and we love and miss them so much when they are gone. My thoughts and prayers are with you. ((((hug))))

o

Oh Karen, my heart aches for you...kiss him for all of us.

o

I'm so sorry. It's evident how much you love him.

o

I know this such a sad time for you, Karen, and I'm sorry to hear about your sweet Dusty. ;( These last hours together will be so precious and heartbreaking. My heart goes out to you.

o

((Samkaren)) Hard as it will be tomorrow, just remember you are doing what's best for your cat. We can't possibly know how much pain they are in and they depend on us to make the right choice.

o

Samkaren, we had to do that a couple of weeks ago with our special girl of 18 years. We tried to keep her home and let it happen naturally and that was a mistake~~she seemed fine some days, others not it was sad, we should have done it earlier we will always regret not doing it in a timely manner.

Peace to Dusty

o

Karen, you and your husband and Dusty are in my heart and prayers. We will all be with you tomorrow as you let Dusty go to the Rainbow Bridge.

o

Thank you for the kind words. This morning dh said ...maybe we can wait until Monday and we can spend a few more days with him. I told him that he was thinking with his heart and it wasn't fair to dusty. He saw my point and realized he just wanted a little more time.

Will post sometime Saturday

Samkaren
Your resident dj

o

I've been through this too many times, and my thoughts are with all of you.

o

I know exactly what you're going thru. It's a sad time to say goodbye to a friend. I have done it so many times and each time it's worse. I'm sorry for your loss.

o

I'm so very sorry, Karen; the hardest part about sharing your heart and home with pets! Hang in there.

o

I'll be with you in thought tomorrow. Hugs to all of you.

o

So sorry. It's one of the toughest things you'll ever have to do. Hugs.

o

I'm sorry for you loss, but I compliment you for doing the right thing.

o

((((((((((( Karen and DH )))))))))))

o

Prayers, caring thoughts, and hugs are coming your way, Karen. Our pets are so precious to us; it's so very hard to lose them, but you and your DH are putting Dusty first. That's a sign of how much you love him.

(((((((((( Dusty, Karen, and DH ))))))))))

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here