SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulguy

Santa's visiting the library!

joyfulguy
9 years ago

And there's a long line of kids, moms, dads, grandparents, etc. stretching almost to the door ...

.. and several sitting nearby watching the visitations.

And ... flashes going off every few seconds.

With a bit of bend in my back, I've been using my aged voice to ask a number of the parents waiting whether they think that an old guy skating on the thin ice of second childhood might go up to sit on Santa's knee, and most say that I should go for it.

I've been telling some of the kids ... that when their teeth fall out - they get new ones free ... but when my teeth fall out ... I have to pay for new ones.

At an investment show in Toronto last month, one guy who wrote a book, "Stop Working - here's how you can: I retired at 34" , that became a best seller, as did another of his, titled, "The Idiot Millionaire" was making a presentation.

He says that mutual fund managers charge too much, that people should learn how to buy their own stocks, etc. and one suggestion was that its a good idea to buy companies that make products that everyone uses frequently, as they'll be doing well in good times and bad, e.g. makers of tooth paste. He asked, "How many of you brushed your teeth this morning?" and many hands went up, of course. Then, "And how many didn't?" Then he said, "Only one hand ... what's up with that?" ... and I replied, "No teeth!" ... which brought a good laugh, of course.

I thought that, as I don't hear very well and was sitting only a couple of rows back, I should have walked up to the front and asked him how many people had he met that could touch their nose with their chin ... and showed him.

Back here at the library ... they have several tables set up in the meeting room with kids decorating cookies with toppings, sparkles, etc.

I think that I should get in on that game!

Did - decorated my cookie. And there's free hot chocolate at the food booth ... which is great for a guy with no teeth to deal with a hard cookie.

Line's getting short to talk to Santa

Hope you've been having a good week ... and have reason to be thankful for many things, ideas ... opportunities ... challenges ... etc.

ole joyfuelled

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida